Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at 2016 F55 MCS from a dealer with the following spec. Seems a good deal to me but would be good to get some input for piece of mind before pressing the button. Price is £22,000.

June '16 registered
2500 miles
Midnight black
Auto
JCW chili pack
Tech pack
Media pack xl
Heated front screen
PDC rear
Heated seats
Darkened rear glass
Piano black trim
Lounge leather carbon black.

What you fine folks think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got £7500 off list price for mine which was 5 months old and 5k miles so there are very good deals out there if you look :)

I also got a very good p/x for my old car too which was nearly £2k more than other dealers were offering so that makes it even better deal so I was very happy :D

PS I also got offered 10% discount on any newly spec Mini when i was buying (near end of June) so if you buy at the right time (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec) there can be great deals to be had in the UK as this is quarter end where dealers must meet sales targets. The quieter dealers are the ones more willing to heavily discount usually but do shop around..

Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got £7500 off list price for mine which was 5 months old and 5k miles so there are very good deals out there if you look :)

I also got a very good p/x for my old car too which was nearly £2k more than other dealers were offering so that makes it even better deal so I was very happy :D

PS I also got offered 10% discount on any newly spec Mini when i was buying (near end of June) so if you buy at the right time (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec) there can be great deals to be had in the UK as this is quarter end where dealers must meet sales targets. The quieter dealers are the ones more willing to heavily discount usually but do shop around..

Good luck

Sounds like a similar deal to me. Through coast to coast the same spec came in at about £30,500 list, so £8500 off list with 2500 miles on the clock. Mustn't grumble.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sounds like a similar deal to me. Through coast to coast the same spec came in at about £30,500 list, so £8500 off list with 2500 miles on the clock. Mustn't grumble.

It's a good deal, but also concerning at the rate of depreciation from list price. :eek:

·
Registered
615 Posts
The problem with optional extras is that you can near enough write off the whole amount spent on them when it comes to p/x time as most cases you will get book price based on a bog std. model without extras!

At least if you are buying a lightly used car with a big chunk of the depreciation already written off, then the depreciation curve is much shallower than if you would have bought new... One thing for sure is that mainstream cars depreciate pretty rapidly and it's best to see a car purchase as a cost (that can be enjoyed) rather than an asset... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.