Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a deal for the following spec.

Cooper S 3dr hatch
Red
Red roof
Jcw sport pack
18 inch dual tone alloys
Arm rest
Nav pack and car play
Sun pro glass
Adaptive suspension.

8k miles per annum over 48 months

£280 deposit and 280 per month.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I’m looking at a deal for the following spec.

Cooper S 3dr hatch
Red
Red roof
Jcw sport pack
18 inch dual tone alloys
Arm rest
Nav pack and car play
Sun pro glass
Adaptive suspension.

8k miles per annum over 48 months

£280 deposit and 280 per month.

Thoughts?
Just having built that on the configurator and using MINI's finance calculator, I'd say that's a pretty good deal...

I'd have to put in a £3250 deposit to get £280 a month, so you're getting a circa £2900 discount off list price - which is very similar to what I got on my LCI Order last week.

I would recommend upgrading to the JCW Chili Pack though rather than just the Sport Pack - granted it's an increased cost. Looking on the finance calculator again this would increase your residual by £400 and your monthlies by circa £16. If you added the JCW Chili Pack you could seek further discount to try get it back to the £280 - just adds a bit more extra spec for you I guess, but completely your choice.

BUT yea to answer your question, a £2900 discount on list price is a good deal - that's over 10%.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it’s over 12% I think. It’s still a wrench to lose my M135i but I’m still swaying toward the Mini to replace it but also reduce costs a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep it’s over 12% I think. It’s still a wrench to lose my M135i but I’m still swaying toward the Mini to replace it but also reduce costs a bit.

I can’t comment if the costs are reasonable as I’m in Australia but having had a m135 you won’t regret the mini. It’s not as fast but more fun and better steering feel.

Good luck either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Why have you lost/are losing it?

If you're happy with your specification then go for it - it's a good deal, though you might be like me and waiting a little longer than normal for delivery. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The M135 is by far the best car I've ever had, and I've had two of them. But it's out of warranty shortly and these days it just sits on the motorway, so I'm switching to our diesel Volvo XC60 for the commute and the toss up is whether to keep the BMW as the run around and weekend toy or switch to the mini and save some cash at the same time. The test drive on Saturday will help us decide.

I will miss the 6 cylinder engine if we get the Mini I must confess.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The M135 is by far the best car I've ever had, and I've had two of them. But it's out of warranty shortly and these days it just sits on the motorway, so I'm switching to our diesel Volvo XC60 for the commute and the toss up is whether to keep the BMW as the run around and weekend toy or switch to the mini and save some cash at the same time. The test drive on Saturday will help us decide.

Shame you can't order a JCW as that sounds better in my opinion, my dad had an M235i and it liked to rev but didn't have the grumble, pops and bangs or character of my mums JCW - her now, Golf R, doesn't sound as good as the JCW did either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Shame you can't order a JCW as that sounds better in my opinion, my dad had an M235i and it liked to rev but didn't have the grumble, pops and bangs or character of my mums JCW - her now, Golf R, doesn't sound as good as the JCW did either.
Yeah and to add to it my M135 has the performance exhaust so it sounds pretty epic. Test drive in the next hour though so I’ll see how I feel afterwards.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah and to add to it my M135 has the performance exhaust so it sounds pretty epic. Test drive in the next hour though so I’ll see how I feel afterwards.
Let us know what you think.
Drove an S today. Found it to be pretty solid and it felt like a bigger car than it is. Generally speaking I was impressed. Clearly compared to the M135 it didn’t feel quick and it was very quiet, but once I’d reminded myself that I shouldn’t compare between the two I did enjoy driving it. Feels like we will enjoy it and I expect that once I’ve slept on it we will place the order tomorrow.

Will be gutted to see the M135 go but equally looking forward to see the Cooper S on the drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've gone from a Golf R to a Cooper S, and although a fair bit slower it is a lot more involving and fun to drive. Also doesn't eat fuel compared to the Golf.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Drove an S today. Found it to be pretty solid and it felt like a bigger car than it is. Generally speaking I was impressed. Clearly compared to the M135 it didn’t feel quick and it was very quiet, but once I’d reminded myself that I shouldn’t compare between the two I did enjoy driving it. Feels like we will enjoy it and I expect that once I’ve slept on it we will place the order tomorrow.

Will be gutted to see the M135 go but equally looking forward to see the Cooper S on the drive.
Awesome news!

It feels quick enough for me, coming from a 116d! LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Order placed!
Exciting! What was the specification you ended up going for, did you option Chili in the end?

P.s. when did they say your build slot is, curious to see if yours will arrive before mine?
Other than additional velour floor mats we stuck with the exact spec and price at the top of this thread. I’d have liked a couple of things in the Chili pack but to be honest if I’d had an extra 15 or so I’d have specced the sunroof.

Not sure on build slot yet - I’ll let you know once I’ve found out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hijack. I’ve got an appointment tomorrow to confirm whether I want to go through with my order. Going to have a test drive too. I’ll be jumping from a Fiesta ST. I’ve been quoted £300 p/m with £1,500 deposit. Cooper S, JCW chili pack w/ arm rest. Nav ApplePlay pack. It’s £27,570 total. On my pcp quote they’ve knocked the price down to £23,000 so ‘seems’ a fair whack off that initial price. A good deal or should I try for more?

I’ve gone all black all around. Midnight black base colour. Is having the chrome grilll and surrounds on the headlights made black an option?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Sorry to hijack. I’ve got an appointment tomorrow to confirm whether I want to go through with my order. Going to have a test drive too. I’ll be jumping from a Fiesta ST. I’ve been quoted £300 p/m with £1,500 deposit. Cooper S, JCW chili pack w/ arm rest. Nav ApplePlay pack. It’s £27,570 total. On my pcp quote they’ve knocked the price down to £23,000 so ‘seems’ a fair whack off that initial price. A good deal or should I try for more?

I’ve gone all black all around. Midnight black base colour. Is having the chrome grilll and surrounds on the headlights made black an option?

Thanks for any help!
Yes - from factory you can select the Piano Black Exterior option which makes the headlight, tail-light and grille surrounds black. It's £200 - it did used to be £100 on early LCI orders I noticed.

That's a good deal, mines coming out at £339 with a £500 deposit with a slightly less list price of £27,375 excluding the £2900 discount I received.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks for any help!
Hard to tell. You have chili pack, an option colour and the black pack, no of which I have. Yet I have adaptive, upgrade wheels and sun protection glass. You are paying roughly 1200 more deposit and 20 more per month than me. Seems to me like you should be paying a bit less deposit? Hard to tell though as I think my car was a 25k car before discount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes - from factory you can select the Piano Black Exterior option which makes the headlight, tail-light and grille surrounds black. It's £200 - it did used to be £100 on early LCI orders I noticed.

That's a good deal, mines coming out at £339 with a £500 deposit with a slightly less list price of £27,375 excluding the £2900 discount I received.
Thanks for that. I added piano black exterior!

I’ve confirmed everything and signed on the dotted line today.

Cooper S auto
Midnight black
Black roof and mirror caps
JCW Chilli pack w/ cloth recaros
Nav+ pack
Piano black exterior
Heated windscreen
Heated front seats

£1500 deposit
£315 a month.

I personally think I got a really good deal! Can’t wait for it to arrive in 6-8 weeks. I test drove a convertible today as that’s the only S they had in Auto. It was a pleasant experience ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hard to tell. You have chili pack, an option colour and the black pack, no of which I have. Yet I have adaptive, upgrade wheels and sun protection glass. You are paying roughly 1200 more deposit and 20 more per month than me. Seems to me like you should be paying a bit less deposit? Hard to tell though as I think my car was a 25k car before discount.
My final spec came out at £28.5k. They did it for £23.5k! All through carwow.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts