Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
My final spec came out at £28.5k. They did it for £23.5k! All through carwow.
So you got a £5000 discount or is that including your deposit, i.e. £3500 discount and £1500 deposit?

Just as a comparison here are my figures...

OTR Price: £28,435.01
Discount: £2920.58
Retail Price: £25,514.43

£500 deposit (financed amount £25014.43) is £339 over 48 months with 8,000 miles or with a £1200 deposit I would get to £325 a month @ 2.9% APR.

So if I put £1800 deposit, I'd be at the same figures as you... So now I'm VERY confused haha!

Ps. You've not gone for sun protection glass?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So you got a £5000 discount or is that including your deposit, i.e. £3500 discount and £1500 deposit?

Just as a comparison here are my figures...

OTR Price: £28,435.01
Discount: £2920.58
Retail Price: £25,514.43

£500 deposit (financed amount £25014.43) is £339 over 48 months with 8,000 miles or with a £1200 deposit I would get to £325 a month @ 2.9% APR.

So if I put £1800 deposit, I'd be at the same figures as you... So now I'm VERY confused haha!

Ps. You've not gone for sun protection glass?

I got £3,600 discount + Mini contribution of £1,500. I went the 5.9% APR route as it turned out cheaper with the deposit they added in. If I added full JCW part leather seats for another £500 then the 2.9% route came back cheaper. All very strange ?

I didn’t add the glass as once I spec’d it up it started getting all very expensive. It’s something that I definitely might get added in the next few weeks during the build. Alternatevely I’ll get the rears tinted after production.

Do you know how much they are? I remember seeing them in the region of £220-300

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I got £3,600 discount + Mini contribution of £1,500. I went the 5.9% APR route as it turned out cheaper with the deposit they added in. If I added full JCW part leather seats for another £500 then the 2.9% route came back cheaper. All very strange

I didn’t add the glass as once I spec’d it up it started getting all very expensive. It’s something that I definitely might get added in the next few weeks during the build. Alternatevely I’ll get the rears tinted after production.

Do you know how much they are? I remember seeing them in the region of £220-300
Yea they're £220 - I know it's more expensive than getting an aftermarket tint but you don't get the beading around the edges then, could be worth looking into!

Ah okay, I'm sure my CarWow rep said the £1500 contribution wasn't included if you went for 2.9%.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea they're £220 - I know it's more expensive than getting an aftermarket tint but you don't get the beading around the edges then, could be worth looking into!

Ah okay, I'm sure my CarWow rep said the £1500 contribution wasn't included if you went for 2.9%.
It isn’t you’re correct. They work out very similar with either option when the cash price is around the 25k mark.

It’ll probably cost me around that price to ensure it’s professionally done without the beading anyway. Do you know how long you have to add stuff once ordered?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It isn’t you’re correct. They work out very similar with either option when the cash price is around the 25k mark.

It’ll probably cost me around that price to ensure it’s professionally done without the beading anyway. Do you know how long you have to add stuff once ordered?
Up until it's scheduled for production I believe, so if you're gonna add - ask now!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
@brandonbardsley - I’ve re-read through the posts and can’t see if you’ve posted your spec. What did you opt for? One thing I’ve noticed coming to mini is it’ll be rare to have the same car as someone else. As there is sooo many options!

I have attached what mine will look like.
Here's my spec...

Trim
ZY92 - F56 MINI Cooper S 3-Door Hatch LCI
A94 - Midnight Black
T9GK - Leather Lounge Satellite Grey/Carbon Black
2F2 - 17" Cosmos Spoke alloy wheels in black

Packs
7Y2 - Chili Pack (which now comes with dimming and folding mirrors, sweet!)

Options
2TC - Sport Double-clutch automatic transmission Seven speed
2XB - MINI Yours Leather Steering Wheel
313 - Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors
320 - Model Designation Deletion
325 - JCW Rear Spoiler
345 - Chrome Line Interior
3L2 - Piano Black Exterior
402 - Panoramic Sunroof
420 - Sun Protection Glass
431 - Rear-view Mirror, auto-dimming
473 - Armrest - front, centre
494 - Seat heating, front
4AA - Anthracite Headlining
4C3 - Colour Line - Satellite Grey
4GU - MINI Yours Fibre Alloy interior
674 - Harman/Kardon - HiFi

It will look similar to this...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's my spec...

Trim
ZY92 - F56 MINI Cooper S 3-Door Hatch LCI
A94 - Midnight Black
T9GK - Leather Lounge Satellite Grey/Carbon Black
2F2 - 17" Cosmos Spoke alloy wheels in black

Packs
7Y2 - Chili Pack (which now comes with dimming and folding mirrors, sweet!)

Options
2TC - Sport Double-clutch automatic transmission Seven speed
2XB - MINI Yours Leather Steering Wheel
313 - Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors
320 - Model Designation Deletion
325 - JCW Rear Spoiler
345 - Chrome Line Interior
3L2 - Piano Black Exterior
402 - Panoramic Sunroof
420 - Sun Protection Glass
431 - Rear-view Mirror, auto-dimming
473 - Armrest - front, centre
494 - Seat heating, front
4AA - Anthracite Headlining
4C3 - Colour Line - Satellite Grey
4GU - MINI Yours Fibre Alloy interior
674 - Harman/Kardon - HiFi

It will look similar to this...

Awesome. It is brilliant that no 2 cars are the same. Or very rare if they are! It’ll be interesting to hear a review on the Harman Kardon, I would have loved that. Was you not bothered about Nav/appleplay?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Awesome. It is brilliant that no 2 cars are the same. Or very rare if they are! It’ll be interesting to hear a review on the Harman Kardon, I would have loved that. Was you not bothered about Nav/appleplay?
I had Harman/Kardon in my previous SD and my current 1 Series doesn't have it - super excited to have it back to be honest. It took a few months to bed in properly but when it did the bass and clarity was unreal - though you could have it on full volume and not actually go deaf, not the loudest system but definitely superior to the standard system.

In regards to the Nav, my current 1 Series has it and yea it looks better visually but I've used it a handful of times and for what MINI are charging (£900) I'd sooner have the sunroof and a few other bits. If MINI let you have CarPlay as a separate option for say £200-£250 then great but it's not a deal breaker - quite happy to use the maps on my phone when required, give the stupidly expensive iPhone something else to do!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The option I spec’d was £2k for Nav+. Crazy money for a bigger screen! It does have some cool tech that’ll come in handy. I’m massively disappointed it doesn’t have speed limits displayed on the nav screen though. Thats included in the driver assist package for another £800. Normal nav in MOST cars display that feature without the need for a camera to observe signs ahead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So we don’t actually collect our car until 4 December but it should have arrived last Wednesday. It’s not arrived yet!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well it’s here. Don’t know when it arrived but hopefully we will get some pics tomorrow. I’ve got the misbuild fear until I see it’s all been done properly.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts