Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is one awesome feature, however I do not know how to set this up and get it to work with my Mini (Sat nav, visual boost, Mini Connect)

Where can I find the Mini ID required to register with Google?
How can I get it to send to the Mini?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
all you need to and is make of car 'MINI'
and your mini connected nickname
hope this works for you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
all you need to and is make of car 'MINI'
and your mini connected nickname
hope this works for you.
I tried this and it didn't work for me...

I installed the Send To Car link on googlemaps via my gmail address, using Mini and my miniconnected nickname, as suggested.
I then connected my iphone to the USB port in the car, logged on to mini connected, and then opened the SatNav
There was no obvious method of retrieving what had (hopefully) been sent to the car, i.e. no menu option like 'Retrieve Destination', and I checked all the other options too.
I did read on the miniconnected app reviews, that google Send To Car had stopped working since the last update of the app, but the complaints were back in April so I had hoped they would have sorted this by now.
Does anyone have any other advice?

·
Registered
65 Posts
after say what to do i checked it on my car...
it seems that it 'was' part of mini connected.. but it now is not there so i can only assume that it was removed in the previous update of mini connected software

·
Registered
177 Posts
Has anyone actually got this to work?
Google Maps confidently tells me that it has sent the information to my manufacturer, but no one from Mini has been able to confirm whether my mini connected login name is enough to make the connection with my SatNav. I assume that mini connected have made the connection between my user name and my car (via the VIN details) but whether this is linked with the unique SatNav details is not clear. I gave my Mini salesperson a gentle nudge, only to find out that today is her last day there... :-(
But she has passed my query to their aftersales team!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Google Maps confidently tells me that it has sent the information to my manufacturer, but no one from Mini has been able to confirm whether my mini connected login name is enough to make the connection with my SatNav. I assume that mini connected have made the connection between my user name and my car (via the VIN details) but whether this is linked with the unique SatNav details is not clear. I gave my Mini salesperson a gentle nudge, only to find out that today is her last day there... :-(

it used to work i used it alot but not since the last update of the mini connected app in may time that option is gone along with google search
we now have online search so i'm not sure if its a google-mini licence issue but its not there now and wont be until app is next update.

still i wont miss it as i have not got satnav in my new mini :(:|:):D:laugh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really want this feature. I dont have an iphone and journey mate app doesnt launch on Nexus5. It will be awsome if this features will work from google maps app from the cellphone. Do anyone knows how to do it in android??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I havent had any luck getting it to work.

Even got the "Send to car" app to use as a bridge which seems to think it has worked but never sends the address notification to the car.

Gave up on this but sad really as it sounds like a great feature as im not all that impressed with the Destination Input GUI on the Mini Nav

·
Registered
234 Posts
I havent had any luck getting it to work.

Even got the "Send to car" app to use as a bridge which seems to think it has worked but never sends the address notification to the car.

Gave up on this but sad really as it sounds like a great feature as im not all that impressed with the Destination Input GUI on the Mini Nav
You should see the Father-in-Law's 15-plate VW Golf, doesn't accept postcodes, only House Number, Street, Town and Country. I have no complaints with the MINI system, but would much rather the MINI system to the Volkswagen system.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Riigghhtt!>:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
The 'Send to car' function seemed to stop work about 12months ago and then disappeared from MINI connected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts