Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I've had my mini since March and have been loving it, and have the normal mini connected. My mom's new mini got delivered yesterday and it has Connected XL. It has the awesome GoPro features. Does the normal (not XL) mini connected have the GoPro features?

Thanks for any help!
-Kyle

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hey guys!

I've had my mini since March and have been loving it, and have the normal mini connected. My mom's new mini got delivered yesterday and it has Connected XL. It has the awesome GoPro features. Does the normal (not XL) mini connected have the GoPro features?

Thanks for any help!
-Kyle
I have Visual Boost, which is what you are referring to as the normal MINI Connected - this works in conjunction with the iPhone app which connects to your GoPro via Wifi. To answer your question, Visual Boost with MINI Connected works with a GoPro.

If I'm misinformed I'm sure someone will happily correct me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys!

Thanks for any help!
-Kyle
I have Visual Boost, which is what you are referring to as the normal MINI Connected - this works in conjunction with the iPhone app which connects to your GoPro via Wifi. To answer your question, Visual Boost with MINI Connected works with a GoPro.

If I'm misinformed I'm sure someone will happily correct me.
Thanks Brandon.

:)

·
Registered
540 Posts
So is the session an option for the car, I'm guessing easier to mount/wire in on a semi permanent basis

Or do I have go big for car/phone connectivity
I have all the packs (I think) I need ie media xl/connected xl

I'd prefer the smaller option, but happy to upgrade if it's too compromised

Go pro is a tricky search item so sorry if it's been covered already
Been thinking about a car cam lately and the session seems to offer another use outside the car for not much extra cash

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Prerequisites for GoPro functionality are that you need either the MINI Connected head unit (Visual Boost) or Connected XL. You also need an iPhone as 3rd party app integration only works on iPhones (no Android+MINI love yet). Third, you need a GoPro that is compatible with the iPhone GoPro app, which includes the Hero 3+ and 4, and I believe the Session as well, though only certain resolutions are supported.

Reactions: Blue al
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.