Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally placed the order last Friday and been given a build week of 28 today, apparently it might arrive by the end of July!

My specifications are as follows
  • MCS 5 door
  • White Silver
  • Chili Pack
  • Black roof and mirrors
  • Panoramic roof
  • LED Headlights with cornering
  • Visual boost radio
  • Mini Yours Carbon Leather
  • Mini Yours Steering Wheel
  • Mini Yours Off White Interior surfaces
  • Folding door mirrors
  • Heated Screen
  • Black bonnet stripes
  • Harman Kardon HiFi
  • Roof Rails
  • 17" Cosmos Black Alloys
  • Carbon Black interior colours

Will probably add the click & drive portable Sat Nav as seems a good option for those who don't really use sat nav that often.

Booked in with a local detailer when it arrives for a new car protection which would be to detail the whole car, clear out all drainage channels etc as everyone misses and these things are important with transport wax etc blasted everywhere these days. Will then be clayed to remove all fallout from travel from Mini to dealership, full machine polish, glaze and a ceramic coating. I would rather pay a detailer who will take about 12-15 hours over the car than the dealership who would knock it out in about 45 minutes!

Will post pics once it has been detailed

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Congrats! That build time is FAST! Good idea about the Professional Detailer!...one of my worst fears is having the dealer get swirl marks all over my Midnight Black Metallic JCW when it arrives. It is currently waiting on a ship for transport to the USA! Black shows everything, so I pray it'll be ok when I pick it up.

Reactions: Zobware

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Looks like a great Option List.:) I find it interesting how many People buying the extra 2 Doors on a Mini.:)

Mini USA sold 3814 copies of its cars in May 2015, plus another 2019 Countryman and Paceman "crossovers". Incidentally, aside from a few remaining sales (505) of last-gen Mini Coopers (Convertible, Clubman, Coupe, Roadster), Mini Cooper sales were very evenly divided between the 2-Door and 4-Door. 1731 copies of the 2-Door were sold, a 23% decline, as Mini attracted 1578 buyers to the new, more practical, more flexible 4-Door.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/06/usa-small-car-sales-figures-may-2015-ytd.html

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lucky for me, hubby is getting the F55 S so I can get the F56 S. I'm not sure which I would have gotten had he not picked the 5 door.

Annette

Reactions: ljmiii

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lucky for me, hubby is getting the F55 S so I can get the F56 S. I'm not sure which I would have gotten had he not picked the 5 door.
A lot of families need both a small sports car and a family truckster - I'm glad you got the 'sports car'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts