Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the way to work yesterday the car in front of me run over a tool/ piece of metal or something I tried to avoid it as good as I could so it will not land in the windshield. I could hear a big" boom" and thought to myself here we go again. :(:crying:. Kinda sucks since I just had my front end repainted 2 month ago but hey I am so happy that it did not hit the left quarter panel. Plastic Wheel Arches are somewhat cheap to replace.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ouch ... been there several times. Dry wall off of a truck in front really made a mess of my Z3 M Coupe front end. Likewise, a truck tire carcass in the middle of I-95 at night did a number on my 540 years ago. Both times insurance tried to make me at fault, but both times I was able to convince them otherwise and the cars were fixed with no penalty.

Good luck!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rtowell. This year here in Phoenix is pretty bad with blown tires since it is so hot... really nothing you can do about but it always amazes me that people are too lazy to secure there load. I watched a guy the other day haul bum down the road (75MPH plus) with a King Size Mattress on the roof it flew off and we had a 7 car pile up. I bet he learned his lesson when he got the ticket.:D:D

I guess the next Mini I will buy will stay at the Show Room Floor at my Mini Dealer and I just make payments like some of them RR and Aston Martin Customers do here in Scottsdale with there fancy cars.:(:(

·
Registered
763 Posts
Man that sucks! The same thing is happening in Las Vegas, tire bits and junk all over the road.
I took a rock to the windshield and now have a huge crack on the passsenger side I have to deal with. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the plastic wheel arch today "Special Order" and $ 138.00 later i have to say this was one expensive day going to work.:( Would have been cheaper staying home.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Insurance is worthless on such things unless you can claim road hazard like rock into windshield, deer hit, or like your case, but deductible might still nail your out of pocket.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
02 totally agree on that with you. I guess my Beer Budget for August just took a dive like the Stock Market in the UK when the Brits voted to leave the EU.:(:(

·
Registered
64 Posts
02 totally agree on that with you. I guess my Beer Budget for August just took a dive like the Stock Market in the UK when the Brits voted to leave the EU.:(:(
Don't worry, I'm sure your's will do the same following the elections in the US

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Poor you need to take that target off your car; seriously though that really is awful and VERY annoying ! Full sympathys from over here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate when that sort of things happens. I was on my way to a funeral in Florida several years ago, and someone had a full size truck tire fall out of the back of their vehicle. It was very dark, so we saw it at the last second. My father was driving my car (not a mini) at the time, and he swerved and ran over the tire with the right front wheel, but it blew out our tire and damaged the rim. If he had taken it head on, who knows what damaged it would have done to the under carriage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts