Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us in North America, if you're looking for the universal Snap-In Adapter, BMW/MINI of San Francisco has them in stock. Most dealers will say, "Oh BMW is still working on that".

The part number is 84 21 2 365 786 - "Snap-in Adpater Universal"

It comes with a USB cable that connects to the adapter, with a Lightning connector on the end. You an use, pretty much, any USB cable with this to connect your non-Apple phone with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
For those of us in North America, if you're looking for the universal Snap-In Adapter, BMW/MINI of San Francisco has them in stock. Most dealers will say, "Oh BMW is still working on that".

The part number is 84 21 2 365 786 - "Snap-in Adpater Universal"

It comes with a USB cable that connects to the adapter, with a Lightning connector on the end. You an use, pretty much, any USB cable with this to connect your non-Apple phone with it.
Let us see it in action and give us your opinion because I've been debating whether to get this or not and to be honest I think I'd miss being to reply to text messages with an ease...

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much is MINI charging for that?

·
Registered
769 Posts
None at MINI, but the local BMW dealer has some in stock for $286! Wow they are proud of that thing. With my old iPhone I was using the 5/5s adapter and it worked great. I just upgraded to a 6s, hopefully this new one works as well as the old one. Think I'll go by tomorrow and have a look at it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Desert Rat: Any problems playing music with it to the stereo? Tested it in an X5 from 2012 and it didn't want to play music to the stereo. I'm assuming it works fine in the MINI.

·
Registered
769 Posts
No issues at all. Played music with album art, phone and SMS all fine. I have MINI connected with visual boost and enhanced blue tooth. What they used to call the media package.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installed mine today, works beautifully. I think the biggest issue is remembering what music I have on the phone so that I can request it using voice commands.

It works beautifully with MINI Connected and MINI Journey Mate. Also no issues with charging my iPhone 6+ with either USB port (the one below the console or with the arm rest dock).

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
How can they get away with charging that for a bit of plastic and a connector? I bet it costs pennies to produce.

You guys are just paying for the convenience?

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
@rybrookf56 .......You could answer me another wee question whilst we're on this subject....

Can you get an ipod connector kit that fits in the wee storage cubby or glovebox? I'm fed up of having my classic rammed in the drinks holder. I saw one on ebay for the R56 (the seller said it wasn't compatible for the F56...and I can't understand why)

Ta!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.