Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering, my dealer sent me a note today saying that my VIN has been assigned. Does this mean that it's being built yet, or just that they happened to have assigned the VIN and more than likely components are being sourced but obviously not having started assembly?

·
Registered
266 Posts
So I was wondering, my dealer sent me a note today saying that my VIN has been assigned. Does this mean that it's being built yet, or just that they happened to have assigned the VIN and more than likely components are being sourced but obviously not having started assembly?
Type the last 7 digits of your vin into here to check build options: http://www.bimmer.work/

Reactions: mdpeters

·
Registered
43 Posts
What Jonathan said. That site will give you the "build date" which is about when the vehicle is expected to be ready to ship. Depending on who they ship through, you might also be able to start camping the shipping company's cargo tracking page to find out when it's booked on a ship, and with a little more sleuthing you can find out when that ship is scheduled to be in port to pick up your car *and* when the ship is scheduled to be in the port of destination for your delivery area. ... note it's possible to get booked more than once: The car doesn't always make it onto the first ship that's booked. Mine missed the first ship, but the very next week was loaded on a different company's vessel (and is presently en-route yay!).

Congratulations on the new Mini! Here's to a safe voyage!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's amazing how much information can be pulled up about the vehicle. LOL! It shows everything that I ordered which is great!

No production date yet but I know that we have a date in November, but obviously that could change. I plan on hyperstalking the car through, so this is great. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.