Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just received my 2020 JCW - and the exhaust sound .... well there is none!
I'm coming from an R53, then R56 fJCW to the F56 JCW. I had the chance today to get under the car and find the horrific GPF - but at my nice surprise there is no sensor plug to it, so here comes my question:

If I plan o install pre-LCI/GPF JCW exhaust, will have any issue with the car freaking out?
The car is already booked for its tune after 3k km but I want to change the exhaust ASAP.

Anyone here already installed aftermarket or pre-GPF exhaust on GPF JCW? Looking forward to your input on that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a pressure sensor at the Top downpipe

if you remove the GPF as soon as you come on boost your car will go into limp mode

I removed mine on my 2019 Cooper S , milltek sports cat and JCW pro exhaust fitted . Then down to dervtech to get the filter mapped out

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
542 Posts
Which tune have you booked? Dervtech or A Reeve, etc will do a remap and map out the GPF so you wont go into limp mode or have a EML

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a pressure sensor at the Top downpipe

if you remove the GPF as soon as you come on boost your car will go into limp mode

I removed mine on my 2019 Cooper S , milltek sports cat and JCW pro exhaust fitted . Then down to dervtech to get the filter mapped out
Thanks for your input - My tuner (UNITRONIC) confirmed the same thing. I found a 120$ JCW exhaust with GPF ready to replace the current one - waiting to hit 3k km before playing with the tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a demo with this exhaut installed on the new JCW ? I got a F56 JCW with a fap and I would like to replace the exhaust but I have no idea which one is the best to get a nice sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soon - I'm waiting to pass 3k km and my first oil change before changing the exhaust and tune it. I'll keep you guys updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts