Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just received my 2020 JCW - and the exhaust sound .... well there is none!
I'm coming from an R53, then R56 fJCW to the F56 JCW. I had the chance today to get under the car and find the horrific GPF - but at my nice surprise there is no sensor plug to it, so here comes my question:

If I plan o install pre-LCI/GPF JCW exhaust, will have any issue with the car freaking out?
The car is already booked for its tune after 3k km but I want to change the exhaust ASAP.

Anyone here already installed aftermarket or pre-GPF exhaust on GPF JCW? Looking forward to your input on that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is a pressure sensor at the Top downpipe

if you remove the GPF as soon as you come on boost your car will go into limp mode

I removed mine on my 2019 Cooper S , milltek sports cat and JCW pro exhaust fitted . Then down to dervtech to get the filter mapped out

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Which tune have you booked? Dervtech or A Reeve, etc will do a remap and map out the GPF so you wont go into limp mode or have a EML

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

if you remove the GPF as soon as you come on boost your car will go into limp mode

I removed mine on my 2019 Cooper S , milltek sports cat and JCW pro exhaust fitted . Then down to dervtech to get the filter mapped out
Thanks for your input - My tuner (UNITRONIC) confirmed the same thing. I found a 120$ JCW exhaust with GPF ready to replace the current one - waiting to hit 3k km before playing with the tune.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have a demo with this exhaut installed on the new JCW ? I got a F56 JCW with a fap and I would like to replace the exhaust but I have no idea which one is the best to get a nice sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soon - I'm waiting to pass 3k km and my first oil change before changing the exhaust and tune it. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts

You have a clip of your mini to hear the sound ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad news today - the non-OPF/GPF exhaust has a different flange compared w/ OPF one ... (thanks BMW ;)
I need to find a place you can modify it to fit the new flange style.

So today we dyno the car stock with OPF :

Then with a conservative tune with torque protection apply on the gearbox :

Interesting to know what you guys think.
Middle of next week once the non-OPF exhaust modded, will dyno once again the car. Looking at 330+ hp & 440nm.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone!

Due to high temperature and lack of free time, I'm coming back only now with the results.
Pre-OPF JCW exhaust finally let the Mini sound decent! Pops are more present and in general, you finally hear something coming from the back.
Without OPF, we managed to hit 337HP & 438NM. Yesterday we had a dragy session, pretty satisfied I must say, knowing that we did not push the car or preped it for the occasion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts