Mini Cooper Forum banner

GPS tracker

14K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  wwleone 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for a reliable GPS tracker to equip my new MINI with. I have found the TK103-2 from Xexun, which seems OK, as well as the Back2You GPS which is much more expensive.

What tracker do you use on your MINIs and how did you install it?

Thank you!

#10 ·
Would there not be a way for BMW to use the cars built in GPS to trace the car in a theft scenario? Could save some money perhaps!
I agree that such a service will not only bring more revenue to BMW but also bring convenience to buyers. I think this is a good idea for a win-win situation. It is very important that many people don't know much about car GPS tracker, just think that it can track cars. In fact, the current GPS also has more features, including its classification, the connection between size and use, outstanding features and so on.

#7 ·
What I did was buy an inexpensive used iPhone 5C (about $100 on eBay) and put in a FreedomPop GSM SIM card with free 200mb data - no monthly fees. Then I activated Find My Friends app on the iPhone and track my car that way. I leave the phone in a hidden place and charge it every week or so. I might hardwire it at a later date.

#12 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for a reliable GPS tracker to equip MINI with. I have found the TK103-2 from Xexun, which seems OK, as well as the Back2You GPS which is much more expensive.

What tracker do you use on your MINIs and how did you install it?

Thank you!
I like Lojack, it's versatile. Although it lacks features such as geo-fencing compared to today's advanced GPS, the most important thing is that you don't need to worry about the battery until its 10-year battery expires. It provides the ultimate security insurance for my vehicle, and if there is no theft, it can stay until retirement.

#13 ·
In Italy: TimTag

Stand-By: 5 days
Purchase cost € 49
Cost of monthly subscription of the service € 3
Localization via GPS & GSM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.