Mini Cooper Forum banner

Great Expectations

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Ex111 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just a quick hello, the 3-door hatch JCW is on order for delivery in April. I went for BRG colour and a few extras but kept to the manual gearbox for driving fun. Have to say I was disappointed that there's no option to have the new 306HP engine in the 3-door, or to have the Countryman (poor second choice) with a manual gearbox. Seems like two oversights to me.
Currently coming to the end of a love affair with DS3 Sports; I've had 3 of them as I changed them each time DS upped the power. It's going to break my heart when the 210HP model sat on the drive goes back, it's been a brilliant drive.
Back in the day, my first car, as a young serviceman stationed in Germany, was the iconic Mk1 Golf GTi and the first time I drove the DS I was transported back to those carefree days of throwing a capable car around just for the sheer pleasure of it.
However, despite no significant difference in performance, I am really looking forward to getting the JCW. If for no other reason than the fact it's suspension will be a bit kinder on the wife. I sometimes feel a bit guilty when I catch a blurred image of her her in my peripheral vision, rattling around in the DS's passenger seat.
I'm also pleased that I got my order in before the new facelift comes in this year. I accept that looks are down to personal preference but come on.... ugly or what?
Roll on April, the release of travel restrictions and the chance to get to see just what the JCW can do.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome. I'm a little bit confused by what you mean by getting your order in before the facelift model comes in. I ordered mine mid January expecting the older style model however, I was informed a week later that my new car expected in March would now be a facelift model. As you have said your expecting yours in April and as the facelift models start production on the 1st March then I can't see how your new JCW won't be a facelift model. I would definitely check with your dealer if I was you just in case you might be a little disappointed

#3 ·
Hi. Thanks for that, I ordered mine just before Christmas but I will check to be certain. So far as I'm aware, there are no more 3-door JCW's in production, except for the cabriolet; They're not showing on the Mini website anyhow???
Not sure it would would stop me going ahead if it was the new model. The wife prefers the new look and, so long as I don't look at reflections in shop windows, I'll not see it when I'm sat in it. Plus, I'm only keeping it for 3 years, for the driving of it so, if I have to, I can live with substance over style.

Cheers

#5 ·
Hi Washy, maybe I'm mistaken in thinking the 3-door hatch is no longer available apart from in the cabriolet. I've not seen any postings on t'internet for the 3-door, plenty for the cab, countryman and clubman. Plus, the official Mini configurator only shows the Countryman and the Clubman options???
regarding mine and which it will be... I've asked the question and await an answer.
Regards

#6 ·
If you go onto the latest configurator which has been available for a week or so you'll see the new LCI2 JCW hardtop is available. It also has all the new packs and options that are available to choose from plus it now comes with Rebel Green as standard exterior paint whereas the BRG is a £575 cost option

#9 ·
I still don't know for sure if the adaptive suspension is standard on the JCW, the configurator shows it as a nil cost option. It is shown as standard on a Cooper S sport. If you add the 18 inch wheels to the JCW it only ups the price by £375.
I have raised it with my dealer and am waiting for an answer.

#10 ·
Good luck with that!! In my experience with dealers not matter what brand of car it is, they only ever want your money and as soon as they have it they seem to drop off the edge of the planet. Before I placed my deposit down on the new mini the dealer couldn't stop emailing me for all kinds of things and now when I send him an email with any questions on I don't hear a word back from him. It was exactly the same when I was dealing with LR dealerships and trust me the cars I have ordered from them over the last few years were a lot more expensive than the mini yet they still treated you the same, get your money can't do enough for you until they have it, then ignore you afterwards.

#16 ·
OK got it, thanks. Seems a bit of a screw up cos trying to get there from the official mini site doesn't work. If the config is to be believed my build, in 2021, is now £540 dearer 'on the road'. All the options are the same price but the adaptive suspension I chose (£600) is now shown as standard. Seems like the black-line options are now also standard; which I would have had but didn't think were value for money. So, all told, if I have to have the new facelift, so be it; there are marginally more gains than losses... so long as I don't have to look at it too often!
If

#14 ·
You need to go - Browse and Buy - Configure your mini - 3 door hatch - JCW. Then you get the new JCW hatch.

I've massively enjoyed my Clubman Cooper S. Now driving myself mad trying to decide between whether to buy a JCW hatch or a JCW Clubman. I really like the Clubman, but really want the last chance for a manual gearbox....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.