Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing and found it odd that in green mode it sounds rather sporty as id of thought it would sound kinda lame. I expect a sporty grunt in sport mode so its kinda odd.
Maybe its because its the sd and not the s,im perplexed

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see the F56 uses a electronic engine noise generator. If it does then it's all fake :-(
lol mines a f55 but i was just expecting the sound in sport mode and not green,dont matter if its fake its just odd ;-)

·
Registered
360 Posts
On my F56 MCS, sport mode gives the most pronounced artificially generated sound (sounds good); mid-mode gives less so but there's still some sound generation and I think green mode includes no additional sound, so green mode is the actual sound of the engine. To that end maybe the SD naturally sounds sporty!

Out of interest how quick is it? The ECU remap for the SD sound interesting - 215hp and 270 lb Ft of torque....?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my F56 MCS, sport mode gives the most pronounced artificially generated sound (sounds good); mid-mode gives less so but there's still some sound generation and I think green mode includes no additional sound, so green mode is the actual sound of the engine. To that end maybe the SD naturally sounds sporty!

Out of interest how quick is it? The ECU remap for the SD sound interesting - 215hp and 270 lb Ft of torque....?
Tell ya what,its bloody quick! Other day i overtook a sunday driver and i was shocked at the pace it got too without any delay...Put a big grin on me thats for sure lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tell ya what,its bloody quick! Other day i overtook a sunday driver and i was shocked at the pace it got too without any delay...Put a big grin on me thats for sure lol
Interesting Dave - I find that in sport mode the MCSD definitely sounds more growly to me - not loud by any means, but it's definitely there.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting Dave - I find that in sport mode the MCSD definitely sounds more growly to me - not loud by any means, but it's definitely there.
Its odd sunil but thats what i find. But i just gone over 200 miles not much is it but in time i will get down with it lol. Just tried playing a video in the car,got sound but no video,so after research i found that it has to be mp4 and h264 so im converting and see if that does make it work. Off topic i know but just something extra to add to the whole experience

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its odd sunil but thats what i find. But i just gone over 200 miles not much is it but in time i will get down with it lol. Just tried playing a video in the car,got sound but no video,so after research i found that it has to be mp4 and h264 so im converting and see if that does make it work. Off topic i know but just something extra to add to the whole experience
Haven't had any success with videos either - mine all seem to be from iTunes and are .m4a format. To be honest, not a biggie for me.
One thing that I can't sort out though is if I have a video podcast on my phone I can see the picture on the phone, but no sound... so it's still transferring audio to the car, but it's not playing it. Audio podcasts work absolutely fine!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't had any success with videos either - mine all seem to be from iTunes and are .m4a format. To be honest, not a biggie for me.
One thing that I can't sort out though is if I have a video podcast on my phone I can see the picture on the phone, but no sound... so it's still transferring audio to the car, but it's not playing it. Audio podcasts work absolutely fine!
Success,got videos playing in car now

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How? do tell[/QUOTE
All i done was convert to MP4 with h264 and that was it,Dead simples. Before i converted i just had sound with no video.Slap it on a usb and insert gas mark 7 for length of video lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
All i done was convert to MP4 with h264 and that was it,Dead simples. Before i converted i just had sound with no video.Slap it on a usb and insert gas mark 7 for length of video lol
Thanks

Simple as that?

gas mark 7 lol:laugh:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Does the SD have Active Sound? I thought I saw somewhere it did not, since the engine is audible enough already. The Cooper S definitely has it, but I'm not sure the Cooper SD does.

Being in the US, my knowledge on the diesel variants is limited..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.