Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to save fuel today so put it in green mode. The credibility of the stars given by the fish went down when I gained one for gear changes after sitting on the motorway for 15 minutes in the same gear! :|

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Forget the Green Mode you should have one of those in the car if you sit in traffic a lot.;):D

Handpresso -- An Espresso Machine For Your Car

Got a commute to work that's longer than 2 minutes? Perfect, that's just enough time for a cup of espresso, if you're using Handpresso, the thermos-sized espresso machine built for your car.

This 'handy' machine is roughly the same size as a thermos, plugs in to a 12V cigarette lighter socket, and will make your espresso with a few heavy splashes of water. Using 16 bars of pressure, 140 Watts of power and a cycle that takes roughly 2 minutes, the Handpresso boasts multiple 'flavor pods' for ultimate selection and taste.

The unit is priced at 149 Euros, or the current equivalent of roughly 200 US dollars.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forget the Green Mode you should have one of those in the car if you sit in traffic a lot.;):D

Handpresso -- An Espresso Machine For Your Car

Got a commute to work that's longer than 2 minutes? Perfect, that's just enough time for a cup of espresso, if you're using Handpresso, the thermos-sized espresso machine built for your car.

This 'handy' machine is roughly the same size as a thermos, plugs in to a 12V cigarette lighter socket, and will make your espresso with a few heavy splashes of water. Using 16 bars of pressure, 140 Watts of power and a cycle that takes roughly 2 minutes, the Handpresso boasts multiple 'flavor pods' for ultimate selection and taste.

The unit is priced at 149 Euros, or the current equivalent of roughly 200 US dollars.
Haha! Not sure why he's in fifth gear making an espresso though :nerd:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use green mode all the time. When I stay at the same speed and use cruise control, I get 5 stars on everything after about an hour. ;) It's brutal when I start shifting myself when I get off a motorway. I start losing stars for shifting.

Still, it's taught me a bit about shifting in mid mode and how much I do hit the gas pedal when accelerating and such. With 93 petrol at ~$1.22/L (and I know higher in other places in the world), I want to conserve what I can!

Keeping in mind I'm coming from a Prius. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Last week I drove 260 miles to visit my girlfriend. I drove a combination of sport and mid all the way and averaged 36.6mpg with an average speed of 69mph. On the 260 mile return trip I used green mode for the majority of the trip and averaged 38.9 with an average speed of 65mph. This was on a '15 S with a Cravenspeed intake and NM Power Module being the only mods on the drive train. The weather for the first leg was sunny and cool and on the return trip it was cold and raining for the entire trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.