Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just signed up to the forums! I've ordered a new F55 Cooper S in White Silver and expect to take delivery early September!

Looking forward to it and, as it's my first Mini, expect me to be asking a lot of newbie questions!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome Stan,

I drove a diesel Cooper F55 a couple of weeks or so back as a courtesy car.

It went very well indeed, the one thing I noticed was that for the F55's the front doors are shorter compared with the F56.
Easier for getting in and out off when parked in smaller bays, but the B pillar in my opinion gets in that way when doing an over the shoulder check when changing lanes.

I guess the B pillar has been moved forward a couple of inches for the 5 door?

Certainly not a deal breaker though and just something to get used to thats all.

The other thing I noticed, was when we took a couple of people in the back to the train station.

It was only when I was driving home after dropping them off that I realised they got out without me and the wife getting out first and folding the front seats forward!

Obvious really, but it just goes to show that the 5 door feels just as much Mini as the 3 door.

That cooper S is a flyer too!

Have you gone for a petrol or diesel?

Just one last thing, photos are a must please. We need lots of photos when you get the new toy;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys!

MAC - it's the petrol. Loved the sound that thing made on the test drive when I floored it!

Photos - of course! I've relied a lot on the photos I've seen here so I'll be contributing also!

derek - colour was such a hard decision. I went conservative in the end but am actually convinced, from what I've seen, that I'll be chuffed to bits!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stan, ever thought to take a trip to Oxford and go on a tour of the Mini plant?
If you time it right you might (and it's a big might!) see your Mini on the assembly line!

It happened to someone on the tour I went on, they were tickled pink about it.

Only cost about £15 or so and well worth a trip.

You gotta keep the excitement going while you wait!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stan. Southampton is my home town. Been living in Shropshire since '97 but travel to Southampton most months to visit family. Especially eldest son who is a MINI nut too. He's on his 4th MINI, as are we.

Can't stand you Cooper S show-offs ;-) Why can't you be satisfied with a straight Cooper? The straight Cooper now has an engine worthy of the Cooper name. It's a bout time MINI. Round of applause please..... :)

Derek

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Derek - I'm getting the feeling that it's the JCW owners who are the show-offs ;) Although i was impressed with the improved power output for the Cooper I ideally wanted something that was as quick (at least) as my Fabia VRs. The Cooper S is marginally quicker, so I'm happy! Couldn't blow my load too soon for a JCW ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.