Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUX USB audio sadness: my analog stereo mini input works fine on my non-HK F56 2014 MCS. But the USB input is suddenly greyed out (unavailable); it used to work fine with iPod USB 30-pin as well as any FAT USB stick with MP3s-- until the ECU/radio/head unit choked (and proceeded to CROAK) on a lossless WAV audio file of 2116 kps. The only online suggestion I can find is to reboot the ECU. Does this mean disconnecting the battery? Does the ECU have a reset for the consumer? How do I disconnect the terminals? Any tips appreciated. If this head unit software theory is wrong, then it must be a hardware/port/wiring issue. If a car is under warranty, does this mean that the mere playing of high bit rate files (2216 kps) can crash your F56 ECU? If so, there should be a warning in print somewhere. Links? Tips? Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had to replace my USB port because the connections inside got bent. It would have been covered under warranty but they wanted me to wait a week to get it fixed. I paid the $40 and replaced it myself in 3 minutes. That may be your problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Where could I find the part number, vendor and instructions? Could my issue possibly be software or ecu issue, that is , possibly non-hardware? Was your symptom a greyed out USB option under media? Forty out of pocket is nothing compared to time already wasted. I'll give it a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.