Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a lot of searching around and it is has been pretty hard to find anyone that has posted about working on F56's! One of my rear wheel bearings is going on my 2019 Cooper S so I need to swap it out. I was poking around back there yesterday and it looks pretty similar to what is shown in the Youtube videos for the previous generation with the exception of using external torx bolts instead of hex bolts.

Just wondering if anyone has done this on their F56's and if there were any gotcha's you encountered, and need to find the tightening torque spec.

I do most of my own maintenance on my cars but this car is a real pain! I went to do the serpentine belt and finally gave up and had an indy do it (5 hours of labor for a belt, crazy!). Had them do the water pump while they were in there since the car has 95K miles on it, didn't want to pay for that labor again, $2200 later... Anyway, at least the wheel hub/bearing appears to be easier than other cars I've done in the past but wanted to see if there was anything to watch out for.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've not had to do much on my F56 yet. It might be worth checking to see if the Torx bolts can be reused or if they are the type that self-tap on the assembly line and if replaced need a non-self tapping Torx bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts