Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't say that proves anything. That is one article with one opinion, where I have read for weeks on this forum alone that people have been receiving good discounts on their new minis, me included. I think that proves more than the article you linked :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is no hard rule. Each dealer and each customer will treat haggling in a different way and with a different outcome. Add to that regional differences/customs and you'll find that there is room for manouver.
Texy

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I haggled; got free service pack and the the price I wanted for my px plus £400 loyalty bonus mini offer any current min owner-reckon everyone should manage that one!
Problem is I haven't it in hard writing and my sales lady has left; sales manager said there would be no problem at all , making me think I should've haggled harder- I should've gone to another mini dealer for a second price to barter with BUT she was just so good!
Ah well , happy with my choice-can't wait!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I haggled; got free service pack and the the price I wanted for my px plus £400 loyalty bonus mini offer any current min owner-reckon everyone should manage that one!
Problem is I haven't it in hard writing and my sales lady has left; sales manager said there would be no problem at all , making me think I should've haggled harder- I should've gone to another mini dealer for a second price to barter with BUT she was just so good!
Ah well , happy with my choice-can't wait!

That's a great point - all previous Mini owners should def get a loyalty bonus - but make sure you only mention it when the haggling has finished !! Did this once on an MX5 - got a real cracking deal then upset the sales guy mega style when I introduced a £1000 off promotion . Poor bloke needed oxygen - lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
What good is discount, if you don't have the Mini. lol.

If your trading-in, your own car is deprecating. Granted maybe not 2 grand, but it depends on how long you're waiting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts