Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well decided it was time to upgrade the handbrake handle to the new carbon/ alacantra one to match the gearlever i fitted a couple of weeks ago - very comfy compared to the plastic version (why didn't they fit leather ones as standard?)

Blimey the camera shows up dust i hadn't seen - job for this afternoon :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get the genuine wheel for £400 or a wrapped wheel for around £230 from royal steering wheels, can't decide if i want full alacantra as the genuine or alacantra top and bottom and leather at the sides which will stay looking better for longer?

Genuine

Recovered - smooth leather/ alacantara

Recovered - perforated leather/ alacantara

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve the pro alcantara one and love it. I’ve a custom one from Royal Steering Wheels on my Mustang and whilst the ability to get it customised is ideal, in terms of overall quality it’s a notch below OEM.

Benno

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve the pro alcantara one and love it. I’ve a custom one from Royal Steering Wheels on my Mustang and whilst the ability to get it customised is ideal, in terms of overall quality it’s a notch below OEM.

Benno
Thanks Benno - i was wondering what the quality was like on the Royal wheels, some1 on another group had 1 from them then swapped it for a genuine wheel - i wondered why

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
If the genuine JCW PRO steering wheel is anything like other genuine mini parts the quality will not be better than aftermarket... I love my car but my god can the quality of trim be shocking sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the genuine JCW PRO steering wheel is anything like other genuine mini parts the quality will not be better than aftermarket... I love my car but my god can the quality of trim be shocking sometimes

The handbrake and gear knobs are excellent quality though

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
The handbrake and gear knobs are excellent quality though
I have the handbrake and to be fair that does seem good. I’ve had enough warranty work to know the rest of the car isn’t such...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts