Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've searched, everywhere! I can't find any guidance on how to reset the rear brakes 'auto-adjustment' setting for the handbrake mechanism.

Problem is, my handbrake barely makes 1 click before getting pressure, and during a summary health check on the car, I was told that they were 'over-adjusted' and one side was binding slightly due to this.

Is it simply a matter of slackening off the handbrake lever adjuster in the car (which I have found info on)? Or do I need to take apart and reset the adjusters at the calipers?

I'm happy working on brakes, but in the R56 there was a specific method and measurement for calibrating the rear adjusters... so I don't want to meddle and get it wrong on my F56.

Thanks for any insight on this - I do have the Haynes Manual on its way... maybe that will tell me!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect you're right JB. It's in for MOT today so I'll see if they flag it up. When I put 'e-brake' in the title, that's just shorthand for 'emergency brake' as it's often referred to in some areas. It's not electrically operated.

If they mention it I'll take their advice and/or strip them down for a good clean and inspect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts