Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
certainly don't have any issues with mine - always connects well and sound quality seems really good - I do have HK but that won't affect a phone conversation I would think lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds great in my F55 when its working, both music and phone, but it does sometimes simply refuse to connect which is really frustrating.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I'm glad you brought this up, happyeyeball.

I've been recently frustrated by buzzing in the speaker(s) (tweeters, I think) while talking on the phone or listening to AM (mono) radio. It's completely distracting when I'm trying to concentrate on a call; made even worse when I'm on the freeway with the volume turned up in order to hear the caller.

It's as if phone audio or mono playback are sending a full signal to the tweeters causing a vibration.

I haven't noticed buzzing during digital playback.

I'm going to monitor this issue. I'll take it to the dealer when I can replicate the sound on command.

JP

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
On my about-to-be traded R56 (2013) the bluetooth hands-free performed badly. Too noisy. I use an in-ear device instead.

Anyone have experience with the hands-free in the F56? Decent?

Cheers, Jeffrey
Traded my r56 cooper s for my f56. Can honestly say the hands free is far superior, much better quality.

Reactions: MINIgirl

·
Registered
64 Posts
The call quality on the non-upgraded bluetooth on my base head unit is great. One great thing about the handsfree setup in this car is you can adjust the default volume of the mic and speakers. I turned both down. The mic was picking up road noise, so I turned it to where I can talk in a normal voice and people on the other end can hear me perfectly without background noise. You'll have to adjust it while having the person on the other end give you feedback. I turned the speakers' default down because people usually talk too loudly on the phone.

That's the key here, talk in a normal (maybe even quiet) voice and the other end will hear you perfectly. Ask people (politely if you want) to talk a little quieter from their end also, and you'll have a great experience with it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On my about-to-be traded R56 (2013) the bluetooth hands-free performed badly. Too noisy. I use an in-ear device instead.

Anyone have experience with the hands-free in the F56? Decent?

Cheers, Jeffrey
I have a 2014 VO Mini S. The hands free is excellent - even with a 6 year old Motorola RAZR V3 flip phone. No complaints.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's only used as phone. I don't want my thumbs to seize up from overuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The call quality on the non-upgraded bluetooth on my base head unit is great. One great thing about the handsfree setup in this car is you can adjust the default volume of the mic and speakers. I turned both down. The mic was picking up road noise, so I turned it to where I can talk in a normal voice and people on the other end can hear me perfectly without background noise.
Just picked up my 2014 F56 and having sound quality issues with the microphone. From what was said above, has anyone noticed that if the volume is at it highest point it picks up more road noise, in other words it amplifying all ambient sound and not just the voice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up my 2014 F56 and having sound quality issues with the microphone. From what was said above, has anyone noticed that if the volume is at it highest point it picks up more road noise, in other words it amplifying all ambient sound and not just the voice?

OK, it looks like problem resolved. Popped off both the microphone covers in the roof to find the actual microphone floating around in the roof space and not attached to the plastic cap! Ten second fix each side and now people can here my voice again. Will fiddle with the volume settings next to optimise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts