Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just ordered a MINI Cooper with ConnectedXL (Wired Navigation package in Canada) and I was wondering, how useful is the handwriting recognition system?

I would have thought using voice recognition would work best, but I'm wondering if maybe I am missing a specific application where people have found it useful.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The voice recognition works best mainly in English speaking countries. Where I live, in Germany, there is no chance of getting the street name right :) I found the handwriting recognition working way better than voice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I prefer the tactlle feedback of the controller when pressing/rotating/switching - easier to use when on the move. Also, if you're not using your preferred writing hand (probably most UK drivers) it takes a fair bit of practice.

My wife has a Ford Focus with touchscreen in the dash - it's horrible. Tiring operating at arm's length, easy to press the wrong icon on a slightly bumpy road, continually having to glance away from the road to ensure correct selection - not good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.