Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks very much @Umlautian ! Very clear now.
Did you get the subwoofer to work again in your set-up?
I did manage to get the setup working correctly. I switched the left and right channels on the amplifier on both the input and output, so the Equaliser is mirrored now.

I was thinking of posting a full review after some time, but I was in a crash yesterday 馃槹
It was in a long left turn entering a highway. The road was slightly wet. I was going about 80 kmh and a gigantic VW van was overtaking me on the inside. He lost traction and slammed into me, after which I hit the guard rail on both sides. I'm quite devastated to be honest 馃槩

Registered
OMG, that looks horrible, hope you did not have any severe injuries? Metal can be replaced, but your health not!
Does not take away that your pride and joy is in pretty horrible state, and that after a lot of work on the audio. Hope you are okay and you had good insurance.

Registered
2016 Mini Cooper 2.0 SD 7SEVEN
I did manage to get the setup working correctly. I switched the left and right channels on the amplifier on both the input and output, so the Equaliser is mirrored now.

I was thinking of posting a full review after some time, but I was in a crash yesterday 馃槹
It was in a long left turn entering a highway. The road was slightly wet. I was going about 80 kmh and a gigantic VW van was overtaking me on the inside. He lost traction and slammed into me, after which I hit the guard rail on both sides. I'm quite devastated to be honest 馃槩

View attachment 69786
Sorry to see your mini like this after all that work.
I was wondering if you could tell me were did you get the power and switch line from?

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry to see your mini like this after all that work.
I was wondering if you could tell me were did you get the power and switch line from?
I got the power and ground from the original locations.
  • Power comes from the fusebox behind the glove compartment, you can add a wire and a fuse to an empty spot.
  • Ground can be plugged into any ground point, I think, but I used the one near the driver's feet (LHD).
  • Switch line comes from the back of the head unit, don't know which pin exactly.

It sucks that newtis.info no longer works, they had all the schematics. If you can get your hands on a copy of BMW ISTA, you can find the schematics there as well

21 - 25 of 25 Posts