Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 F56 Cooper 2door hatch hard top, B38 automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows....My F56 base has been in the body shop getting touched up from a parked collision. The body shop is telling me, "we cant keep it running".... I had told the persons that the battery is really old and would need a charge after sitting for 3 weeks... The on call mac. looked at my Mini and said the balancer has givin its last breath....I have never had an issuse with the balancer after 46,000mils. Other than being snowed in for 3 weeks the battery did loose its charge, and after hooking it up to a charger it turned on just fine... Any information please would help. Has anyone else had this happen??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 with less then 40k just had the balancer die. The cam is spinning but not the belt. I can free spin the belt? Looking into getting it fixed now. So far it's close to a grand.

·
Registered
2015 F56 Cooper 2door hatch hard top, B38 automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2016 with less then 40k just had the balancer die. The cam is spinning but not the belt. I can free spin the belt? Looking into getting it fixed now. So far it's close to a grand.
Oh noo! I think thats exactly what me and Flash got goin on... I noticed that belt has been worn a bit and so i have a replacement belt. I plan on checking the tensioner and all to get a better idea of whats goin on. When the engine is on it makes a "hum" sound...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts