Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Curious to know if anyone has done any after-market performance upgrades to their F56? (I'm thinking an intake, reworked exhaust, engine tuner, etc.) I know it's pretty early with the F56 to see a lot of after market companies with products yet.

If you haven't yet but are considering after market performance upgrades, do you mind sharing what you're looking at and from where? (could include JCW stuff)

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a Berger tuning chip, now 210 HP and 250 Tq. (2014 S HT) Takes about 10 minutes. Now I have to feather the pedal so I don't spin tires everywhere!! I can launch tires spinning while rolling at 15 mph. I paid around $380, best investment yet. Probably don't need more Tq

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive been talking to my mini dealer here in florida and they said that Neuspeed is done testing one and will start selling First week of January. There are 2 stages to the tune. Theres a 15 HP increase and a 45 HP increase you can choose from. They also Sell the intake. The Tune I think is 400 and the intake is 325 or something. Just what I've heard.

I would like to know if there are going to be anymore tuners out there and which is the best to put in, and if my engine can handle this.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would love to hear back from everyone that tunes their MINI to see if it introduces reliability issues. Please get back to us in 6 months or so. Good luck and I hope it causes no problems!

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
My worries too. Have you seen r99's thread .done amazing things.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was thinking about one of those cold air intake type setups but everything I read on them says it is a scam. Apparently the stock intake/air filter has more than enough capacity. Gee, they always make cars go faster in Gran Tourismo and Forza.

Anybody have real world experience to offer?

·
Registered
890 Posts
With a turbo engine the air really needs to be cooled after being compressed by the turbo, by an intercooler, to help with efficiency, so the old trick of trying to get more cold air into the air intake to the filter, on its own, is not likely to make much difference.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
With a turbo engine the air really needs to be cooled after being compressed by the turbo, by an intercooler, to help with efficiency, so the old trick of trying to get more cold air into the air intake to the filter, on its own, is not likely to make much difference.
Bigger intercooler, apparently, is the thing. Kind of problematic with the limited space in front of the F56, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed a Berger tuning chip, now 210 HP and 250 Tq. (2014 S HT) Takes about 10 minutes. Now I have to feather the pedal so I don't spin tires everywhere!! I can launch tires spinning while rolling at 15 mph. I paid around $380, best investment yet. Probably don't need more Tq
Will you remove it when you have your MINI
serviced? Are there any warranty implications?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmm.. Good point, what is the world coming to when you can't even trust video games to give good car tuning advice? I think I'll write a letter to Duke Nukem to complain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.