Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often see photos of Minis with a white roof and white mirrors and white stripes or with black roof and black mirrors and black stripes but I never see the roof and mirror colors mismatched.

I think mismatched stripes/roof can look very good though, especially in the rendering with a white roof (with sunroof) and black stripes. I think the black of the sunroof plays off of the black stripes and black trim. I love the way this looks in the rendering but I'd love to see this in the wild.

Does anybody have a photo of a car with a white roof/sunroof/black stripes? I have yet to see one in the wild but it would be nice to see before mine comes in.

I just placed an order for one like this yesterday:

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Mini Vehicle Car

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well here is what mine looks like, however without the sunroof.

It's funny, I actually found that I didn't like the contrast of the sunroof with the white roof. Though in hindsight, due to the roofline, I kinda wish I had have gone for it, if only to be able to see the traffic lights here :)

I also love the black stripes with the slight white accents on them. Also curious if you notice one other thing.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here is what mine looks like, however without the sunroof.

It's funny, I actually found that I didn't like the contrast of the sunroof with the white roof. Though in hindsight, due to the roofline, I kinda wish I had have gone for it, if only to be able to see the traffic lights here :)

I also love the black stripes with the slight white accents on them. Also curious if you notice one other thing.....

Awesome car! love the look of the racing green with black stripes. The black really brings out the green which is otherwise very subtle unless it's in direct light. To me my car has to have a sunroof.

What is that one other thing? I can't tell!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Is there a prize for winning. LOL
I nailed it too, but I was late to the party...LOL!

To Luftwaffels: I wouldn't beat yourself up over not having the pano roof....I MUCH prefer solid roofs....they just look so much better imo & you have more headroom to boot!. And if you care about aerodynamics and structural rigidity, the solid roof is the way to go.

Love the look of your MINI! :)

Reactions: Luftwaffels

·
Registered
148 Posts
I actually found a video of a F55 in blue with a white roof and black bonnet stripes just like mine being built. Coincidentally, mine just finished assembly yesterday!
Two things:

1. GREAT video! Thanks for sharing.

2. The MINI in the video actually has a black roof (best seen at the 0:28 mark). What you're seeing after it leaves the plant is the shipping protection wrap which goes over the roof and the gloss black plastic part of the front bumper. Same visual effect, of course. ;-)

DJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.