Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do something about the brake duct vents. I have seen other cars with this bit in various colors but can't figure out what they've done.
The guy that is doing my stripes and such said he didn't think this part could be wrapped, but thought I'd check here.
My other option is to paint them. I am buying a kit to do my brake calipers and see that the kit comes with enough paint to do a few sets. So I thought I may be able to use this and then the colors would definitely match and the paint should be fairly heat resistant.
Any suggestions?

Annette

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I would try plasti dip to see how they look first. At least you have the option to peel it off

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to do a gloss pink on the vents. The vents are currently a gloss black.
So if I do plastidip, (I found one called Blaze online) do I just clean the vents and wipe down with alcohol first? That is how I did my headlight rings on my R56 but it's been so long I can't recall if I did anything else to prep.

Annette

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I'm trying to do a gloss pink on the vents. The vents are currently a gloss black.
So if I do plastidip, (I found one called Blaze online) do I just clean the vents and wipe down with alcohol first? That is how I did my headlight rings on my R56 but it's been so long I can't recall if I did anything else to prep.

Annette
Yes wash them down with rubbing alcohol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts