Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the point of the Hatch opening button on the key-fob, when it opens not only the Hatch but all the doors???

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks UKE,

I tried to configure it, but did not get the required icon on the display, took it back to the dealer yesterday, they confirmed that in the UK this is all you get, i.e. all the doors opening, showed me the manual which states this option may not be available depending which country you are in??. Surely there cannot be statutory regulations to determine the opening of the Hatch.

Tony

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks UKE,

I tried to configure it, but did not get the required icon on the display, took it back to the dealer yesterday, they confirmed that in the UK this is all you get, i.e. all the doors opening, showed me the manual which states this option may not be available depending which country you are in??. Surely there cannot be statutory regulations to determine the opening of the Hatch.

Tony
OH, sorry. I saw that in the US manual, just assumed it was the same everywhere. My bad.

It seems that the US cars have a lot more stuff enabled by default than the UK and Canadian cars. I wonder why?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can I say that I understand the frustration with such a feature (opening all of the doors.) and not having the option to personally configure it. HOWEVER, I found myself in a situation this past summer, with my '08 MC, where I had opened the hatch using the key fob, deposited grocery bags, and unbeknownst to me, also the keys, before closing the hatch. Luckily I was close enough to home to be rescued with the spare key by my daughter. So I would be okay with that feature.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Exactly,. Mind you're not supposed to be able to on our minis but... any way I like the hatch button, it pops the boot open so you don't need to press the handle.unlock the doors press the boot open button and hold it a few seconds, it releases the catch and th e boot lid moves up a bit.you can then pull v the hatch boot up without using its handle release.good if your hands are full. I use it all the time,love it!. I'm in the uk!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I totally agree, I once had to travel a 150 mile round trip to get my mate's spare key when he locked his key in his Audi A6.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The difference on my car using the hatch button is that while all the doors unlock, once you close the hatch, everything automatically locks again, whereas if you use the door unlock button then everything stays open. This could be a problem if you throw your key in the back, I assume. Be careful.

And no, I don't have "lock all doors if no action" activated.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Can I say that I understand the frustration with such a feature (opening all of the doors.) and not having the option to personally configure it. HOWEVER, I found myself in a situation this past summer, with my '08 MC, where I had opened the hatch using the key fob, deposited grocery bags, and unbeknownst to me, also the keys, before closing the hatch. Luckily I was close enough to home to be rescued with the spare key by my daughter. So I would be okay with that feature.
I did exactly the same thing with my R56, rescued by one very cranky teenage daughter (why do we have children but to perform these kinds of services?). I wonder if this is a rite of passage or something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts