Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

This may be an easy fix but I'm blind to it. When I'm braking heavily the cars hazards come on.

I understand the logic behind this system however I want to disable this.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine has only come on when I have had to emergency stop and to be honest I was glad of it as it gave the cars behind a warning that I have slammed the anchors on!!

So how hard are you breaking before they come on?

Its a safety feature so I would be surprised if you could or want to disable it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has only come on when I have had to emergency stop and to be honest I was glad of it as it gave the cars behind a warning that I have slammed the anchors on!!

So how hard are you breaking before they come on?

Its a safety feature so I would be surprised if you could or want to disable it?

Yeah being honest i do brake hard sometime. Hard enough that the car thinks I'm doing an emergency stop.

I don't lock the brakes nor have the ABS kick in for it to trigger so I think it's over sensitive.

It is something I want to stop as during an enthusiastic drive it becomes annoying.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah being honest i do brake hard sometime. Hard enough that the car thinks I'm doing an emergency stop.

I don't lock the brakes nor have the ABS kick in for it to trigger so I think it's over sensitive.

It is something I want to stop as during an enthusiastic drive it becomes annoying.

Hope this helps.
I feel like it is sensitive, you only need to press it slightly too much - enough for you to fall forward in your seat and they come on, mine go off automatically and I don't mind it tbf... If anything it makes me wanna do it more, like a game - who can make the hazards come on. >:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like it is sensitive, you only need to press it slightly too much - enough for you to fall forward in your seat and they come on, mine go off automatically and I don't mind it tbf... If anything it makes me wanna do it more, like a game - who can make the hazards come on. >:D

Haha yeah but it also looks like your sending a message to the car behind that you passed at speed and realised the lights were red at the end of the road :)

I need them off! Lol

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Personally as it's designed as a safety feature why disable it?

Also disabling a safety devise could lead you to having no insurance in the event of an accident!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.