Mini Cooper Forum banner

Headache over Wheel Choice

14K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Doc9point5 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered a British Racing Green Cooper Saturday with White Roof and Mirror Caps.. But still undecided whether to go for Silver or White 18" Cone Spoke Wheels?

What are Forum members thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a BRG Cooper SD on the way but I chose black wheels roof and caps

I'm not personally a big fan of white wheels but colour really is a very personal choice thing and you have to go with what gets your heart pumping :)

I'm sure whatever you go for will look awesome

#7 ·
Yo, Firstmini, ... maybe one of the cars MCSMTL referred to is mine. I have a BRG with white roof and black 16" Victory Spoke wheels. Like you, I agonized about the colour combo. I always preferred the black wheels (a matter of personal taste, obviously), but hesitated to go for the black roof and mirror caps which are the more usual pairing. Here in Japan we get a lot of dust in our "yellow rain", and I could see the black roof was going to be super high maintenance. My wife also preferred the white roof...but a white roof, black wheel combo? I'd never seen it before. Looked good on the configurator, I thought, but in the metal? I have to say, I wasn't 100% sure when I placed the order, but now, I can't tell you how delighted I am with the way the car looks. The black wheels are so cool against the velvety lustre of the BRG bodywork, and the white roof stands right out, in brilliant, shining contrast. I reckon the black bonnet stripes edged in white tie the whole, 3-tone look together. I went for the chrome mirror caps too, which adds a lovely accent. There are a lot of Minis on the road here, and a fair number of BRGs, but nothing that looks like mine! Anyway, see what you think (more pics in my gallery).

(Just one thing about the wheels - if you like the black give serious consideration to the Victory spokes. The black 17" Cosmos seem to be more popular, but they're quite a bit more expensive, and in my opinion, the Victory spokes look just as good.)

#13 ·
I am a silver wheel man myself apart from a Jeep I had about 30 years ago that suited white spoked wheels very well.

The BRG Mini however really looks particularly good with white wheels and low profile tyres as long as the roof and mirrors are also white.

Black wheels tend to make it look more aggressive and there is so much black around the wheel areas of Minis, with the plastic trim panels, I think they don't really set the car off well.

Only my opinion of course!

Around here the Astra/Corsa driving, brain reducer brigade think black wheels are cool, so I suppose I am a bit biased against them.

#14 ·
Thanks for your input ... Decision to be made next week, really looking like The White Wheels now mainly because I've yet to see one on the roads around here in nearly a week, and I've seen lots of other combinations.. Cant wait to post my pic's when I pick her up : )

Attachments

#20 ·
Don't get me started on the lack of white wheels! ;)

I still haven't found the time to get them powder coated--or painted, or dipped, or…

JP

#27 ·
This morning collected the car after repair of front wheel at Mini Binzin Germany after paying €120 for the repair and respray. Took her home and gave her a clean... Having cleaned the wheels I noticed that the repaired wheel is now a whiter white than the original shade of white... only slight.
What should I do? :(

#31 ·
That's good if you're like me you'd always be looking at it!
Cheers Jeremy and Mick, it was so obvious really when you compared the plastic wheel bolt cover on each wheel of the original wheels to the one resprayed. The plastic cover is slightly whiter making the wheel cover look a creamier white, on the resprayed wheel the plastic cover now looks creamier making that wheel look whiter..After cleaning I just kept looking at it and the more I did the more it annoyed me. They obviously realised they've messed up offering me a car for the couple of days for free... usually €49 a day.

Really pleased I went for the White though, think it really makes the car. Couple of pic's I took before going to the garage yesterday..not so obvious from the shots

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.