Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited my dealer yesterday to discuss things and while there notice two F56 with different colour headlamps. Both were LED, but one was black internally and the other was grey/chrome. I asked the dealer why as I hadn't seen it as an option (I'd have gone black if I had been given a choice), but they're weren't aware there were two different colours. After some discussion it was decided that it was possible down to one having standard LED's and the other having LED's with the cornering function.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
281 Posts
Also noticed that there is a purple tint to the lights -I first noticed it in the reflection off other vehicles but spotted it more when I saw another car, on the opposite motorway carriage to me earlier this week, the lights stood out in a line of oncoming vehicles, then as the car passed i realised it was an F56 Cooper !!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Also noticed that there is a purple tint to the lights -I first noticed it in the reflection off other vehicles but spotted it more when I saw another car, on the opposite motorway carriage to me earlier this week, the lights stood out in a line of oncoming vehicles, then as the car passed i realised it was an F56 Cooper !!
I've had a few people say the same about mine too - can see you coming from a mile off :0) there is a large purple line around the edge of your beam as you drive, its very visible on road signs / other cars etc

·
Registered
235 Posts
Basically standard LED's are grey, the adaptive LEDS with cornering are black.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I've had a few people say the same about mine too - can see you coming from a mile off :0) there is a large purple line around the edge of your beam as you drive, its very visible on road signs / other cars etc
I just noticed that on my headlights this morning (first drive in the dark). Cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts