Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

A month ago a bought a 2016 F54 clubman and I am loving the improvements over my previous car. However, I have a question (problem?) on the welcome lights.

In my previous car, it also has auto lights so upon unlocking, the headlights turn on when it's dark. In my mini, I was expecting the same behaviour but no, the headlights don't turn on, just the puddle light and led on the handles. This behaviour happens in the "0" setting on the light switch(don't have an auto setting on mine).

I can get the behaviour I want if I use the dipped beam setting on the light switch, but I feel this really defeats the purpose of having auto lights and also, I don't want the headlight on when it's bright outside.

I have read other threads from the past, but no one really has a solution to this.

So, I wanted to ask, does any one else's mini behaves the way I want it on the "0" setting? Or do you know if I can code it on bimmercode easily? I've seen it being one of the settings on Carly but it costs significantly more than bimmercode so it's my last resort. Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is what the manual says about the "welcome lights" which is the behaviour you seem to be getting. I would think bimmercode would let you make the changes you are looking for as it can set a lot more parameters.

The other behaviour I find strange is when you open just the barn doors you get headlights and brake lights on when it is dark.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what the manual says about the "welcome lights" which is the behaviour you seem to be getting. I would think bimmercode would let you make the changes you are looking for as it can set a lot more parameters.

The other behaviour I find strange is when you open just the barn doors you get headlights and brake lights on when it is dark.

View attachment 68382
Thanks, I have now actually noticed the headlights don't turn on automatically on unlock during the day with dipped beam setting so I might just drive it with dipped beam on constantly.
...Unless I can confirm how to code it on bimmercode with the switch at the "0" setting.

Opening the barn doors has the same light behaviors as unlocking the other doors from the key for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update to this thread for future references.

I've just retrofitted a light switch control that has the 11 o'clock position auto light settings and it seems to be working the way I wanted it to be(truly auto lights with welcome light).
There was no coding needed, just removed two panels and changed the switch unit.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts