Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 car with the LED headlights. They are very bright - great for me but not so sure about oncoming cars. I often drive on country roads and frequently (I’d say at least once per drive on average) get flashed at by oncoming cars - not a quick warning flash but a longer “you have your full beams on, turn them off” flash.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this while driving their car?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Umm, not even once to be honest. I even think that my low beams are too low, i kinda see only the lower 40% of a pedestrian crossing the road.
Though sometimes when going uphill i feel someone in an oncoming car may feel uncomfortable.

·
Super Moderator
6,593 Posts
Yes we regularly get flashed especially when cresting a hill. I just flash them back! Ouch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts - interesting that it happens with some people and not others.

I did pass another Mini last night and their lights were bright - I thought they were on full beam for a moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 and I get flashed quite a bit by annoyed drivers. I live/drive in LA, so even among all the cars and traffic, my lights still seem to draw more attention. I even had a guy flash me and shake his fist at me. Lol. I flashed him back—- I was like ‘THOSE are my high beams’.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts