Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK. trying to find if heated side mirrors come as standard or an option looked through mini brochure. I must be missing it

·
Registered
508 Posts
The RealOEM parts list does not list any unheated mirror glass for European S cars, so I think that is one more indication that all European cars have heated mirrors. Short of going through all models, it's hard to be sure and it could be argued that it isn't conclusive proof anyway.

I think the problem is that even if a Mini has heated mirrors, there is nothing visible that shows it (no switch for example) and the BMW style of mirror heating is a constant low heat whenever temperaturs are low, so it may take a minute or two for dew on the glass to clear - which leads those used to high-heat-for-a-short-time mirrors that some other manufacturers fit to think that the Mini doesn't have heated mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
yes def all minis have had heated mirrors as standard since the r56. They are heated and electric with heated washer nozzles as std .you pay extra for folding mirrors. Frosty day hit the defrosted on the rear window and hey presto.

Reactions: johhnboy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Frosty day hit the defrosted on the rear window and hey presto.
On the R56, the heated mirrors work completely automatically based on external temperature and do not need anything else switched on, such as heated screens. I doubt BMW have changed that for the F56.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Aha I was just assuming it w as heated rear window connected as that's the only time I ever notice they work. Thanks angib.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think all f56 MINIs have them. They are rubbish! They switch on at 3C. No use for clearing condensation. I would much prefer a manual control.

The heated washer jets are worse than rubbish!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.