Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO they come within chillie pack or part of a seperate pack. Dont have them on my current clubman,but want them when i get the new one.

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure about Clubman but standard on all models of hatch, heated windscreen washer jets as well.
They were not standard on my clubman,i thought they were. So wanted to make sure i got them when i order my 5 door.

Thank you

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ,option 313 electric heated folding mirrors £150 was what I opted for on my new order. Hope that helps
On UK configuration it just says Electric folding exterior mirrors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi it definitely shows it in new mini 3/5 door brochure 313 reads exterior mirror package includes electrically adjustable heated mirrors with memory function and heated washer nozzles. You are right about heated screen I had to pay £75/ or £90 for that too. It seems like you have to pay extra for everything in a mini ,I had heated front screens in cars 20 years ago as standard.You have to be so careful I ordered a sport Jcw pack which includes sports suspension supposedly for free ,however the dealer had to adjust order manually to put it on as a cost option and then discount it off

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that online order thingy, it shows JCT interior pack for £1650,but when you click and add it,it costs £3300. It amazes me does the configuration online...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me too,I ordered Jcw interior and exterior packs ,I think off top of my head both were £2 k each with vat,and then I had to fork out for bigger wheels and I couldn't get config to put them on car. You can end up going on and on ,,,,,,,,and on with options.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Yes if you order a totally standard mini you get heated wing mirrors and washer jets but you can pay extra for the folders which they don't tell you apparently also dips down on passenger side to help reversing.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I think they come on when you press the switch on the heated rear window Neil.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes if you order a totally standard mini you get heated wing mirrors and washer jets but you can pay extra for the folders which they don't tell you apparently also dips down on passenger side to help reversing.
Thanks for that Jeremy! Wish it was laid out so you know exactly what you get and what you have to pay for....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with JB. Heated mirrors come as standard. Like other BMW cars, they are always on - there is no on/off switch.
They are not standard on my 2010 Clubman cooper D Neil......Sick of having to clear them every morning...

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Odd that even not with the heated rear window on. ? I had them on my mcs and my wife's Cooper Highgate. They are definitely f56 std feature according g to the brochure.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Def not even with the heated rear on. The times i had to freeze my pinkies off early doors clearing all the windows and then them. When i get the new one it coming with headed windscreen anyway....

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Yes I added that. It's brilliant. . Well worth every penny!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
seen it on a mates Ford focus a few years ago thought the idea was brill.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Think BMW changed the heated mirrors from always on to on below a certain temperature a few models back
E46 I had were always on, great on a damp muggy morning to clear dew and condensation not necessarily ice, but the later models only come on at a preset temp, probably linked to frost warning,
Don't like this as it won't dry the mirrors in damp weather.
MINI will have followed suit with this method.
Like others have said, I think the heated mirrors are standard

·
Registered
508 Posts
I believe on the R56 the heated mirrors are temperature driven and you can't 'force' them on. They are also very gentle, so many folk think they haven't got them when they won't clear the mirrors instantly - but drive half a mile and hey presto, they're clear. The upside of this is that they remain on all the time, as I can testify having driven long distances in winter and the mirrors remain clear - well, until the salt in the spray gets dried on the mirrors as a white film.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts