Mini Cooper Forum banner

Heating Problem

12K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  DSamR 
#1 ·
Today I noticed that the heater only gets hot on the passengers side. I very rarely have the heat on but this morning it was a bit chilly so on my way into work I set the drivers side to 24 and turned the power up. 30 mins later it was still blowing cold.
I increased it to 28 and by the time I got to work 15 mins later it was still blowing cold not even a little bit warm.
The passenger side was blowing hot at 24.

Any ideas what this could be??

#4 ·
No worries. I bought mine used last month from a car supermarket and it’s got a warranty on it so hopefully their problem not mine.
I’ve had the same experience though, sometimes it does get warm (not as warm as passenger side but better than ambient). Sadly most of the time it’s just outside air coming in.
It’s mainly annoying when trying to demist/defrost the windscreen - passenger side goes nice and quickly but the drivers side sticks around for an age.
Will let you know my progress getting it sorted.

#6 ·
Hey mate,
Apologies for the very late reply but I thought I'd let you know what happened - not good.

Went to Mini for diagnostics - "Requires new heater box, lower mechanism fault"

Apparently one of the flaps which direct airflow was stuck but the heater box has to be replaced as a single unit and it's deep in the dash. Mini dealer quoted £1,819.43 for the repair.

Luckily it was done under warranty from the car shop for me, hardly good news if you're paying for it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.