Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect my mind is playing tricks on me, but my steering feels really heavy. In Green mode it feels light and enjoyable to drive, Mid is noticeably heavier and Sport mode is noticeably heavier again. I fully understand that the steering should get heavier in Sport mode to match the likelihood of going faster and removing the possibility of slight movements taking you off course. However the steering is actually unenjoyably heavy and I don't remember it being that heavy all the time I hav had it. Granted I drive mostly in Green with the occasional sport, but I do recall the Cooper courtesy car I had had really light steering. The steering in sport doesn't vary in heaviness depending on speed, even at low speeds like 10mph, 20mph it feels heavy. Strangely at much higher speed like 70mph and 80mph it feels better, probably due to the fact I am doing the intended speed for the tightness of the steering.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine was noticeably heavier in Sport especially when going slow round for example a roundabout.

I just used it to substitute for going to the gym ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
if you're running in green a lot then you will definitely feel the difference when switching to sport. have you checked your tyre pressures?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have used Sport a fair bit since I have had the car, but I use Green predominantly for driving to work etc. It just feels heavier than I remember, but I will have a play about today and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Mm sport mode def stiffer. Not sure there is much between green and mid though on mine. Might be worth checking the electric motor ie dealer visit. I'd manually check the tyre pressures when cold.Don't trust the tpms.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Ps my clutch def feels heavier than my r56 Cooper s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts