Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Sunster and I'm soon to be a proud owner of a dark blue mini cooper auto. Well kind of.

Long story, but mini was never really on my radar until the wife's car needed changing and she suggested it. That was a few months ago and we bought her a 2013 mini one. I was so impressed that I decided to go for a mini too. Actually it reminded me a little of the first edition Puma I had many many years ago. Then my Mum, who lives about 40 miles away decided she'd like one as well(!). My only issue is that with 2 kids, the mini is a bit... mini.

So I've spent hours on this forum, at the garages up in Aberdeen and Dundee and on the configurator. In the end, I drove the demo car in Dundee. The nice chap there did a video which was waiting for me when I got back home. I thought I'd show it to my mum just to give her an idea and very surprisingly she really liked it. I'm saying surprisingly as I'd never thought she'd go for the dark blue - blue and black aren't my colour combinations, but she really liked it.

Being a demo I've got a nice juicy discount on the car - they only run it for 1,000 miles but with the caveat that I have to wait until Dec 1st to collect it. Suffice to say I'm counting down the days.

It's a good win for me in a way as I get to drive the car for 4 months as Mum wants to keep her 4x4 for the winter - it gets a bit snowy up here and she lives well into the country. I get to see if the car is a suitable size, if it drives well (which after several test drives I don't think I'll have an issue with) and what gadgets I can live with and live without.

Come march next year I'll buy mine - I have a feeling I will be going for a cooper S 5 door in VO, but may well do the demo thing again as I saved over 3K on the list price, and hopefully by then there will be a few 5 door demos around the country for me to choose from.

Happy days. And thanks for the brilliant forum. It's given me the extra info I needed to make the right decisions - particularly what to look out for when I collect Deep Blue on the 1st December.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Midnight Black - what's the easiest way to add pics?

·
Registered
318 Posts
You can do it several ways. Upload some pictures as an attachment when you post a new thread post or create a 'garage' on your profile. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hi Sunster,

I hung on to my Ford Puma for 13 years because I didn't know what to replace it with... now I have my Mini cooper and it's just great :)
I'm sure you'll enjoy yours just as much!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome Sunster! Nice to see someone else from the 'Deen!! Like you, we've got an aul' banger Freelander for the winter if we need it - and we do often - as our other motor is a Boxster.

I'll keep my eye out for you come Xmas - keep an eye out for me with my VO MCS and mikewagon with his VO MC :) Do you have LEDs? I find having them makes the F56 much more noticeable.

Looking forward to seeing the real photos!

Reactions: Sunster

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Sunster! Nice to see someone else from the 'Deen!! Like you, we've got an aul' banger Freelander for the winter if we need it - and we do often - as our other motor is a Boxster.

I'll keep my eye out for you come Xmas - keep an eye out for me with my VO MCS and mikewagon with his VO MC :) Do you have LEDs? I find having them makes the F56 much more noticeable.

Looking forward to seeing the real photos!
Hi Donna. You know I have a sneaking suspicion I've already spotted you - are you round the garthdee/cults area by any chance?

As for my car - yes I've got the LED and cornering lights in it. Will definitely look out for you and mikeswagon come December 1st.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Sunster,

I hung on to my Ford Puma for 13 years because I didn't know what to replace it with... now I have my Mini cooper and it's just great :)
I'm sure you'll enjoy yours just as much!
I hear you mintmark - kept my beloved puma for 7 years - fantastic car to drive. Then replaced it with an SLK (which was very nice). Then *cough* had a family and seeing as I work from home I ended up doing childcare duties. Hence the wife got the SLK and I ended up with a qashqai that turned into a lemon followed by a perfectly fine and utterly uninspiring ford focus.

Suffice to say, each day seems like it's 50 hours long at the moment.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hi Donna. You know I have a sneaking suspicion I've already spotted you - are you round the garthdee/cults area by any chance?

As for my car - yes I've got the LED and cornering lights in it. Will definitely look out for you and mikeswagon come December 1st.
Nope, I'm found lurking round the Ellon area but who's to say you maybe have seen me out that direction.

I work in Dyce.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, I'm found lurking round the Ellon area but who's to say you maybe have seen me out that direction.

I work in Dyce.
I may have done as I've been working throughout the north east, but there is one VO driver I seem to see a lot of in the south of the city. Tell you what, when I get Dark Blue if I ever see a VO in the area I'll make absolutely sure to flash my lights and wave.... just in case you think I'm a complete lunatic!

Reactions: donnaj1dlh

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Just flash at any F56 you see, I've got about a 50% success rate, the rest either ignore you or look at you like you're from outer space.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Just flash at any F56 you see, I've got about a 50% success rate, the rest either ignore you or look at you like you're from outer space.
I'm liking those odds!

People already look at me like I'm from outer space... well those related to me do. ;)

Reactions: mikeswagon
1 - 15 of 15 Posts