Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - I'm new here and thought I'd say hello. I'm about to post in the Purchasing section as I've just placed an order, but thought it best to drop in here first :)

It doesn't seem to be too busy on here yet but hopefully that'll change soon! I think I'm one of the crazy impatient ones who didn't want to wait haha!

Nice to meet you all :)

Petal

Reactions: Black&White_D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Petal, welcome to the forums and thanks for introducing yourself.

It appears all of us early adopters are here on the "ground floor", so to speak, of the genesis of the community for this newest MINI. The next year should be exciting times as we all discover the nuances of this car and its ordering process.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Greetings from a Wiltshire

I have just ordered my new F56, with delivery planned for mid April so it is a hello from me!

My first mini as well!

What do I need to know!?

Ben

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have gone for the HUD and rear parking sensors, on top of Chilli and Media XL...

Would have got a lot more if money wasn't a factor!

Fancied the Harmon Kardon and the driver assistance pack, along with heated seats, windscreen and LED lights! Plus a nice set of 18" alloys!

Never mind. I am very happy with the car that we have ordered and can't wait to collect it. Almost certainly around Easter a Weekend!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great!
Make sure to post up some pictures once it arrives.
What other cars were you considering before settling on the Mini?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if you were asking me or Pintie :) personally I was seriously considering the new vauxhall Adam as a bit of a wild card. But there just aren't enough around yet for me to feel comfortable with that as a choice. I test drove one for a weekend and it was a nice little car but just 'a car' if you know what I mean? Whereas five minutes driving the mini and it had totally won me over :) I hope the next gen model won't be any less fun - hopefully I've added enough gadgets to keep it exciting!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great!
Make sure to post up some pictures once it arrives.
What other cars were you considering before settling on the Mini?
Believe it or not, a 5 door 1.0 125 Fiesta Titanium X.

Which was incredibly sensible and very well spec'd for less money....

But, it was toooooo sensible.

Why have the UK's best selling car, when you could have a Mini?

Why have a car without a HUD, when you can have one with!

And white stripes on the bonnet!?

Mrs P told me after the deal was done that she could never have seen herself driving a fiesta and I didn't want to see it either!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha a fiesta was suggested to me too - and the current models are much nicer than they used to be! But I just wanted something with a bit more of a fun image :) My Fiat 500C has been so much fun and I know the mini will probably be even more so!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just found this - my very first post aww (I look so young! ;-) )

Has everyone above got their cars now? Pintie?? Italianjob?? Ralph?? MJCW??

Reactions: GoKart7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts