Mini Cooper Forum banner

Hello from Italy

16K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  turboopccorsa 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm Fabrizio from Italy close Milan (North Italy), i'm 48 yo (feel 30 :D), i work in a VW dealership and i'm an owner of 2007 MCS, and before 2005 MCS.
I recently orderer a 2016 JCW Rebel Green Black roof w some option.
The deliver will be in June, sure i'll post some pic asap !!

See u soon
Fab

#15 ·
Welcome Fab I can not count how many times I went over the Brenner to Trento and Bozen with my Buddy back in my full Hair Days. Holidays in Italy taking the Hippy Cruiser RV to the beaches in Italy and my Buddy driving for FERCAM out of Bozen. Love Italy.

#16 ·
Wow... Tks...
I live in Milan area so is not pretty close to Trento and Bozen but i know where u talking about... i know FERCAM to !!
U love Italy and i love USA...
U think that on the sun roof of my actual MCS R56 i have a USA Flag :D
In this last 3 yrs i went to US 6 time (CA, FL and NY).
I get back home just last friday from Miami

FAb

#20 ·
Buongiorno Fabrizio!

I just joined the forum yesterday and have yet to set my profile. Still, your post brought back memories of being in Northern Italy last September. While there, we rented a Fiat 500 (diesel) for our time in Tuscany, which was a tremendously good decision. We returned assuming we'd get an Abarth or a Mini. We ended up going the F56 route (in the past month) which, in the end, was a pretty obvious choice for us (I had a 2004 MC, which I loved); a decision made easier as I have two friends with Abarths, so I can car swap whenever I want.

About your Italian Mini obsession... I saw few (none?) on our trip. How popular is the car in Italy? I would love to magically transport my MCS to Tuscany!

Doug in Columbus

#21 ·
Buongiorno Doug,
Like in US u can see a lot of MINIs expecially in a big town like Milan or Rome... Anyway MINI here is very very popular... more or less like the Fiat 500 as well.
Also in US i saw a lot of MINI in San Francisco, Miami, LA or NYC...
One of my dream would be drive with my MINI coast to coast.. maybe one day !!

My MINI got the dealer today, so just few days to instal some US parts and have my licence plate !!!

I cant wait

FAb

#25 ·
Welcome Fab!
Good to see another rebel green JCW ;)

#26 · (Edited)
And finally here it is...

2016 JCW Autom. Rebel Green w black mirror/roof
Sunroof, H/K, Autom. Air Condition, Privacy Glass, black Track Spoke, DAB Radio, JCW Pro Tuning Kit, All black trim ring
I put all US Spec, side marker, rear light w red turn light (here is orange) and right mirror w "the object in mirror are close than they appear
Just picked up this mornig, already put black cover door handle and black fuel cap.
Next steps will be replaced my Recaro seat from my R56, Eibach and hopefully soon 18" wheels.
Sorry but i've some problems to attached the file :(

Fab

#29 ·
Awesome. I like the rebel green with black roof and de-chrome!

#38 ·
Looks great, so for all intents and purposes you are running 18x8 et35 (with spacers) with no rubbing? Is this lowered on the eibachs yet, i really like the wheel gap and with coils coming im trying to get an idea of what width/offset of wheels i can get in there without interference.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.