Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day! Over a decade ago I used to own a yellow 76 Leyland Mini with a black roof and ever since I sold it due to the fact that I was moving overseas I missed owning a mini.

For the past 1.5 years I was driving a VW Up! and in some ways it was like driving an old mini. A bit under powered but had a bit of character but it was never the same. Luckily my wife was supportive of selling it and getting the car that I wanted, and thankfully BMW delivered a very nice car in the form of F56.

Unfortunately due to budget constraints my options were limited to those that were already on a boat in order to get any discounts so this baby was the closest it got to what I wanted.

Options are:
  • Pepper Pack
  • HUD
  • Driving Mode
  • LED Headlights
  • 1/2 Leather sports seats
  • Piano finish interior

It's a very polished car, and with the strict speed limits here in Australia this has more power than I need. Still undecided on whether to get racing stripes later on.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Lovely car . In answer to the driving mode question the difference feels huge. Sport really sharpens the throttle and on flicking to it from mid mode it just seems to feel faster steering is substantially firmer. In contrast green mode feels like you are driving a slug. So much slower in terms of how the throttle reacts I won't use it much !still running in keeping revs below 3000 at the moment so am sure once over this the differences will be even greater.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gorgeous car Comet. I have only been waiting 3 1/2 months for my VO with stripes so MINI has deemed me unworthy to receive it yet. I struggled with the stripes question too - can't go wrong either way. So I went ahead and ordered them figuring I could pick up more chicks with them, at age 65 I need all the help I can get. (My wife doesn't read this forum!)

I'm wondering what VO would look if it were metallic. Best of luck with your dream car. I've never been to Australia, but I'm thinking you could get away from those strict speed limits in the barren interior. Road trip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

I've only done 600km but it's been such a joy to drive, even with 2 child seats in the back during the weekends. Surprisingly this is the only VO I've seen driving around Melbourne so I feel special.

Friend who works for Tesla gave it a good thrashing over the weekend in the back streets and was very impressed with the 1.5L engine. Friends who drives the IS350 felt it was comparable in power but was heaps more fun driving the mini.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Ford do a (in the uk at least) Focus st in a metallic yellow not too dissimilar to our lovely VO; it's quite nice but I just love VO! IT IS FANTASTIC. Not sure what my graphite DEZENT winter wheels will look like as I love the gloss black of my alloys too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts