Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the forums, and after about a month of research, I just put in a custom order for my F56. I can't wait for it to arrive! Here's the spec list:

-Base Cooper Hardtop, Automatic
-Deep Blue Metallic, black roof/mirrors
-Black bonnet stripes
-LED Headlights
-Moonroof
-Wired Package
-Cloth/leatherette Sport Seats

Things I'm thinking about/questions I have:
1. Should I switch from automatic to manual? This car will be mostly used for trips around the Bay Area, etc. and won't typically be used as a daily commuter. I don't know how to drive a manual, but I'm willing to learn if it'll be more fun for me in the end.
2. Automatic Climate Control--this didn't seem super useful to me, and I was just wondering if people agree?
3. HUD--I'm considering adding this on, since it does actually seem pretty useful, from what I've read in these forums.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi! New to the forums, and after about a month of research, I just put in a custom order for my F56. I can't wait for it to arrive! Here's the spec list:

-Base Cooper Hardtop, Automatic
-Deep Blue Metallic, black roof/mirrors
-Black bonnet stripes
-LED Headlights
-Moonroof
-Wired Package
-Cloth/leatherette Sport Seats

Things I'm thinking about/questions I have:
1. Should I switch from automatic to manual? This car will be mostly used for trips around the Bay Area, etc. and won't typically be used as a daily commuter. I don't know how to drive a manual, but I'm willing to learn if it'll be more fun for me in the end.
2. Automatic Climate Control--this didn't seem super useful to me, and I was just wondering if people agree?
3. HUD--I'm considering adding this on, since it does actually seem pretty useful, from what I've read in these forums.

Thanks everyone!
Hi Wakester, welcome! Great choice of colour, that's what I went for! I didn't test drive the automatic but I absolutely loved the manual, gives you a great driving experience.

I went for the top air con package, might be slightly different here in the UK but I'm sure you get some very hot San Fran days so I'd go for it.

The HUD - absolutely a must although you need to check with your dealer what will show up on the display as it'll be different in the US. One of the big benefits is by pairing with the driving assistance pack and the sat nav so you dont have to keep looking to your left (or right in US).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Wakester! Looking forward to your pics of new mini out and about around San Fran! But you must get the manual! Auto is fine for big SUVS, but driving a mini is all about the DRIVING! No?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
By the way, if you ever want to learn to drive manual transmission, it's a good car for that. It automagically matches the rev of the engine, both while downshifting and upshifting (that will help a newby a lot). Also, the car is quite light so it's more forgiving than with a heavier car.

Regarding the HUD, I personally like it very much. Of course it's a gadget but it's a nice one :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Note that the HUD doesn't show properly if you wear polaroids. Which might be more of an issue for you than in UK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts