Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi only just found this site and thought why not. My introduction - I'm a 29 year old car enthusiast but even I made a mistake recently well here goes.
My first mini was a 62 plate mini countryman SD in white and black and despite its size was one of the best cars I've ever had, I change my car around every 3 year mark as to keep resale values kinda sweet, despite the countryman being an amazing car I fell into the car tech loophole which in my case was a 65 plate new astra elite (K model) which I bought for £21,000 new, it had WiFi heated seats and steering wheel, basically it had every mod you can think of. First month thought it was OK until my drivers seat started jumping about around corners Yeah scary lol, got it fixed then in January the turbo started lagging really bad and the gears kept slipping out, which by the way makes you look like a complete ass in front of people with the noise it makes, overall things were just not up to scratch so decided to trade it in for a 5 door mini cooper SD in electric blue with mods inc JCW spoiler black wheels and chrono dials etc. Wanna hear the best part about this my astra which I bought in November of 2015 is now worth £11,000 with 6,000 miles on it omg, but I know in 8 weeks when I get my mini that smile will be back on my face in time for summer. Anyway sorry for the big post but an introduction is an introduction, I hope I never fall for that trap again and a warning for others that think about it once you go mini you never go back lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My car

It hasn't been built yet so all I have is the configurator. Decided to have the cooper SD badge removed too as I remember how much of a pain my countryman was to clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum great color combo to this day I have not seen 1 F55 in Arizona or NV besides on the show room floor.:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its the same here in the UK not seen one. The reason I went for the 5 door or 4 door in america is because I have a 2 year old and its so much easier with the rear doors, but not only that in case of an accident which I hope I never have I like piece of mind that I can get him out of the back instead of being stuck in a 3 door if you understand what I mean. Thanks for the quick reply and as soon as I have my car I will post some pics, Delivery supposed to take anywhere up to 8 weeks so fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts