Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my mini yesterday and we had a lot of fun... but today it was back to work :( We went on a trip to the seaside (added a photo in my garage), but the weather was poor... more photos at the weekend I hope.

Quick summary... this thing is much better than reading the manual! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Excellent news!

I'm not far behind........when I checked yesterday, mine was just starting the paint shop process!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a link to a picture the dealer took when I collected the car... it was perfect weather in the morning :D

https://twitter.com/SnowsMINI/status/488747974038941696/photo/1

I've been trying lots of features...

• HUD - awesome.
  • Satnav - awesome.
  • Driving assistant - awesome.
  • Sports seats - awesome.
  • Rear camera and PDC - awesome.
  • Folding mirrors - awesome.
  • LED headlights - awesome purple fringe!
  • New car smell - awesome.
  • Horn today - awesome.
I'm not sure I've got the hang of cruise control yet... need to read the manual again.

Always learning...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's a link to a picture the dealer took when I collected the car... it was perfect weather in the morning :D

https://twitter.com/SnowsMINI/status/488747974038941696/photo/1

I've been trying lots of features...

• HUD - awesome.
  • Satnav - awesome.
  • Driving assistant - awesome.
  • Sports seats - awesome.
  • Rear camera and PDC - awesome.
  • Folding mirrors - awesome.
  • LED headlights - awesome purple fringe!
  • New car smell - awesome.
  • Horn today - awesome.
I'm not sure I've got the hang of cruise control yet... need to read the manual again.

Always learning...
Rad! I'm with you on the cruise control... I need to read the manual to brush up on it. I know how to set it, but I'm uncertain how it behaves when coming up on other cars, etc. Also, in the speedometer I can see a light/indicator for lanes or a lane warning, is that right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rad! I'm with you on the cruise control... I need to read the manual to brush up on it. I know how to set it, but I'm uncertain how it behaves when coming up on other cars, etc. Also, in the speedometer I can see a light/indicator for lanes or a lane warning, is that right?
If it is the same system in BMW's (which i assume it is) its if you stray across lanes without indicating it will vibrate the steering wheel just in case you drift off to try and wake you up

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of the songs the guys from work gave me is a happy little number called "Everything is awesome" :D I think it's from the Lego movie... But now it's in my head!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh yay it's here!! You were amazingly useful before you even had the actual car - you'll be a guru now!!

Enjoy - lovely weather for a drive around :)

Reactions: MintMark

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK so mini and I went to Fishbourne yesterday to see the Roman mosaics and on the way back I played with the cruise control.

The first mistake I was making was switching it on with my foot still on the accelerator... when I moved my foot off I think it was cancelling the cruise control.

The second mistake I made was misinterpreting the display. The top of the speedo and the HUD seem to be a three part status display...

• outer lines to indicate cruise control active.
  • lower block to indicate adaptive cruise control active.
  • car outline above to indicate vehicle in front detected.
I was expecting that lower block to change as I selected greater or lesser distance on the steering wheel, but it doesn't. You get another red display to the left of the speedo that updates with your selected distance.

Once I understood that, it all works very well... you follow the car in front... it turns off at a junction and the car indicator goes off, you speed up to the cruising speed, car indicator lights up and you slow down behind the next vehicle.

Here's a pic
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mini

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.