Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello F56'ers :D

Today is the close of one chapter and the beginning of a more satisfying one: I just took delivery of one of the very few 2015 JCW manual trans 2-door hardtops!

The car was finished through final assembly on 16June, but the labor strike at the port kept the car [and several hundred other MINIs] from being shipped until recently. It arrived at Motor City MINI yesterday and I took delivery of it today. I very carefully inspected the car and found nothing askew with the panel surfacing, paint, panel gaps, or assembly in general. This was also corroborated with the thorough PDI checklist the dealership has to do to ensure the car is fully updated software-wise and good-to-go.

JCW delivery day by Ryephile, on Flickr

JCW interior by Ryephile, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!...on finally getting your new MINI and for being a member of my little boat here in the USA! There were only 37 MT 2015 JCW's imported to the USA!!! It would be interesting to see where our VINs fall in the line-up! Rare already! :)

My little guy was built on June 4th, so I guess he slipped under the strike issue...I didn't know about that. I've had mine since July 1st.

Love the color combo! I wasn't as brave...went all black with mine & with the 18" Cup Wheels.

Enjoy!

John

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!...on finally getting your new MINI and for being a member of my little boat here in the USA! There were only 37 MT 2015 JCW's imported to the USA!!! It would be interesting to see where our VINs fall in the line-up! Rare already! :)
Thanks Everyone!

John, just curious where you heard there were exactly 37 of our cars imported. Is that from MINIUSA?

Oh, and my VIN ends in 997344, but just FYI the VIN's aren't always symmetrical as they go down the line.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thanks Everyone!

John, just curious where you heard there were exactly 37 of our cars imported. Is that from MINIUSA?

Oh, and my VIN ends in 997344, but just FYI the VIN's aren't always symmetrical as they go down the line.

Yes, my MINI dealer checked with MINI USA......something like 350 or 360 Auto Trans 2015 JCW's imported...only 37 MT's!

My VIN ends in 997325...pretty close! We're practically neighbors! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Everyone!

Yes, my MINI dealer checked with MINI USA......something like 350 or 360 Auto Trans 2015 JCW's imported...only 37 MT's!

My VIN ends in 997325...pretty close! We're practically neighbors! :)
Mine ends in 990376. Wonder how different they are for each market (if they have a range dedicated for AP vs EU vs US)?

BMW said they're expecting the JCW to average around 70% Manual sales, so that's an interesting figure! I'll have to ask my dealer how many manuals have been ordered in Australia, but i'm guessing it'll be high.

Looks like 997325 was built on June 4, and mine was June 8, so not sure how they really do the numbering.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine ends in 990376. Wonder how different they are for each market (if they have a range dedicated for AP vs EU vs US)?

BMW said they're expecting the JCW to average around 70% Manual sales, so that's an interesting figure! I'll have to ask my dealer how many manuals have been ordered in Australia, but i'm guessing it'll be high.

Looks like 997325 was built on June 4, and mine was June 8, so not sure how they really do the numbering.
I'd imagine the VIN organization is country or region specific. This probably lets them keep track of the cars easier in their database in case of a TSB or recall.

If MINI expects 70% of the JCW's to be manual, then that figure will probably play out with the 2016 model year. We'll see! I've driven the Sport Auto at the Miles Ahead driving school and it's very impressive, and that's saying something because I've always owned manuals.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks stunning! Well done for holding out for the manual version as well!

Out of interest I noticed you had the visual boost radio, did you also select the mini navigation system?
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. The manual trans was mandatory, that's for sure.

I have the Connected + Visual Boost setup that uses the 6.5" screen but without Navigation. Considering how rarely I use Nav and also how good the phones are these days, I didn't see a need to spec it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keeping Black looking good is definitely a hobby! Shortly I'll be doing a detail session on the car, Zaino AIO followed by Optimum Gloss-Coat. I've used the original Opti-Coat in the past and it's absolutely incredible for keeping the paint protected, short of going to a paint protection film.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Beauty looking mini I would have ordered a black with red roof but black is such a nightmare to keep looking good ?
Enjoy ???

Black cars are worth the extra effort! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on the car! The black with Chili red is the best combo by far IMO! You and I have the same seats...love them!

Hello F56'ers :D

Today is the close of one chapter and the beginning of a more satisfying one: I just took delivery of one of the very few 2015 JCW manual trans 2-door hardtops!

The car was finished through final assembly on 16June, but the labor strike at the port kept the car [and several hundred other MINIs] from being shipped until recently. It arrived at Motor City MINI yesterday and I took delivery of it today. I very carefully inspected the car and found nothing askew with the panel surfacing, paint, panel gaps, or assembly in general. This was also corroborated with the thorough PDI checklist the dealership has to do to ensure the car is fully updated software-wise and good-to-go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.