Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me in. I don't own a Mini at the moment, but test drove a Mini Clubman Cooper SD (i think), loved it and have been smitten.
Just for back ground, back in the 80's and 90's i had several real minis and loved them. Remember tuning and rebuilding to my hearts content. When the New Mini launched, i too disliked it as it wasn't a "Mini".
That said my wife persuaded me to give one a go when we went to a BMW dealer to try a 320d the other week. I gave in and, surprise surprise, loved it. In fact, the 320d was positively boring by comparison. As this point i think my next car will be a Mini so i'm spending time "researching"

Cheers

Brett

·
Registered
320 Posts
In fact, the 320d was positively boring by comparison. As this point i think my next car will be a Mini so i'm spending time "researching"
Mad isn't it, preconceived ideas. I'd been the same for years, my wife had a Mini One for a while, and I pretended to hate it (girls car and all that, not a real mini), but secretly loved the way it went, especially around corners, even with its little 95bhp engine. Much preferring instead to climb the corporate BMW/Audi/Merc company car ladder.

My new little toy is an absolute revelation, test drove it by accident and absolutely no going back, sorry kids, you'll have to squeeze in the back. Do it, you wont regret it, they are stupidly good fun!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hi Brett,

Welcome to the forum! You'll have to get on the configurator now and build the MINI that you want....you'll get hooked real fast!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, by way of an update:
Having almost bought a 320d xDrive and having the dealer try and rip me off, I um'd and ah'd for a while longer (go for another BMW? how about an Audi?
Long and Short of it, I bought a Mini :)
2014 Mini Cooper S in Thunder Grey with 6,600 miles, widescreen Nav and HK sound system
I can't stop grinning and I hope it keeps up :)

woohoo :)

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Funny but I was the same.Had a succession of sporty cars but wouldn't touch a mini. Didn't seem right. Then my wife bought one and i realised what i had been missing : a unique design,quirky and different interior performance and economy mix seems pretty unbeatable. We now have two an f54 s and a roadster s. Wouldn't be without a mini! Have become totally nerdy and obsessed with them. Try the factory tour.It's amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.