Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am configuring my first MINI Cooper and wanted to ask your opinions on some of the options. Sadly, I can't afford to tick them all so currently what I had in mind was:

MINI Cooper S 5door manual gearbox
Thunder grey
Satellite grey leather

Media Pack XL
Chili Pack
Chrome line interior and exterior
Roof caps and mirrors in black
Front armrest
Seat heating front
Interior trim piano black
Rear park distance control

The extras I'm undecided about are:

Heated front windscreen - useful or annoying lines?
Darkened rear glass - useful or no?
MINI HUD - I can't really afford to add on driver assist, is it worth it without?
Harman Kardon speakers
Panoramic sun roof

I live in dreary old Wales so it's pretty grey most of the time with a couple of months of nice weather in the summer and some freezing conditions/snow from November to January

I'd really value any advice you can provide :D:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would say (if you can afford it) definitely add HK stereo and HUD.

Driving assist pack is okay........if you do a lot of motorway driving.

Heated screen isn't expensive and can come in handy in winter

I have darkened rear glass, but that is really an individual choice I think.

I would highly recommend the LED headlights......perhaps in place of the sunroof?

It's very easy to add so much on and it really has to be your choice, and based on your own personal budget

·
Registered
48 Posts
In my opinion you will regret it if you don't buy the LED headlights and see other cars going past with them.

If you don't frequently use Sat Nav I would recommend dropping the media XL down to visual boost, this will get you a lot of money back into the kitty.

I have had darkened glass on every car I have owned, but I am so pleased I haven't got it on my MCS. This is also an option you could always add later (and in reality get it done cheaper than mini do it for) so if you are unsure I would definitely leave it off.

Your interior also appears quite bright, with the chrome line and grey leather, the alternative you could go for is the black punch hole leather which is a steal alongside the chilli pack. The piano black interior is the best one I reckon, and looks great alongside the black leather (I went for darkened headlining too). Obviously this is all very personal taste.

I would also be wary against the chrome line exterior with thunder grey, i've seen one TG with it parked next to one without it, and the one without looked better IMO. I originally ordered in TG so went through the same dilemma!

My favourite interior option is actually the JCW steering wheel, gives a real feel of quality.

Pictures of my interior for your reference, as there wasn't many punch hole pictures out there when I was looking.

Good luck with your order, at the end of the day it's completely personal! Enjoyable, but stressful!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Love that interior James! Not overdone yet has class. Punch leather sport seats look really good in there! I almost went with those myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll add that the LED headlights are brilliant, literally. Hugely recommended. Also if you love your music then the harman/kardon is a no-brainer. You'd have to spend much more to get equal quality with the aftermarket. Very happy with mine. Otherwise, looks like a lovely specification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.