Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an F54 2016 Clubman One Diesel.
I have spent weeks and weeks researching as to whether I can update it easily through software to enable Ape Carplay or Android Mirrorlink on the stereo.

I have had lots of different answers. Can you please help?

What iDrive system do I have?

Can I update the iDrive software (I have the latest radio version from Mini).

Can I enable Ape Carplay and Android Mirror Link to Mini Connected.

I have Bimmercode and the new Bimmerlink for Android.

Thanks. Mat

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

Registered
It's on the first screen. You have the entrynav system. (S6UM)
They're isn't a factory CarPlay option for the entrynav, but there are some aftermarket options.

You mention updating the software, but you already are running 2020-1. I "think" 2020-2 is out, but yours is pretty current as it is.

cheers!

dan

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It's on the first screen. You have the entrynav system. (S6UM)
They're isn't a factory CarPlay option for the entrynav, but there are some aftermarket options.

You mention updating the software, but you already are running 2020-1. I "think" 2020-2 is out, but yours is pretty current as it is.

cheers!

dan
Thanks Dan. Makes sense. I have tried to update the map but it wants a Costly FSC Code. Searching for a better option!! Thanks. Mat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
There are a few aftermarket sources, dealer is expensive.
if you don't want to go the flea bay route there are certainly options.
ive used these guys before.
BMNAVIGATION Updates 鈥 2020 Navigation Map Updates

$40 one time, $50 lifetime.
Thanks navwizard. I have dropped them a note to double check. If it works it will be far cheaper than anyone I have found so far. Many thanks. Mat

Registered
There are a few aftermarket sources, dealer is expensive.
if you don't want to go the flea bay route there are certainly options.
ive used these guys before.
BMNAVIGATION Updates 鈥 2020 Navigation Map Updates

$40 one time, $50 lifetime.
NavWizard......at the recommendation of several people on here, I went to BMNavigation and entered in the VIN for my 2019 JCW F54 and was processed through the purchase process for the LifeTime map option but when I received the download file, I followed instructions to format a USB drive to exFAT format and copied the files to the USB drive. When I tried to update it through my USB port in the car, I received an error message stating that "Software on USB device not suitable for this vehicle." SO I reached out to BMNavigation through their online Help Desk. Nothing from them. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't gotten a confirmation from them. On this web site, NO phone number. NO physical address. NO other email address (such as Sales or any other department) They state that they can't give refunds because the once the FSC is assigned, they can't undo it. So now I feel like I got screwed. I'd be ok if I could get the damn thing to work but with no help and no contact back, I'm not recommending this site to any else. Too bad. It seemed like a great deal! Buyer beware!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES. HAVE YOU TRIED TO FORMAT TO FAT32, unzip the fes tk the root of the drive???

Sadly i have Route Entry level maps no lifetime FSC so have to purchase an FSC code every time I update (拢40 each time) or pay MINI Dealer prices for a map update.

Registered
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES. HAVE YOU TRIED TO FORMAT TO FAT32, unzip the fes tk the root of the drive???

Sadly i have Route Entry level maps no lifetime FSC so have to purchase an FSC code every time I update (拢40 each time) or pay MINI Dealer prices for a map update.
Matchap801 - Their instructions state to use exFAT so I used that as well as FAT32 when exFAT didn't work. The error I get is "Software on USB device not suitable for this vehicle." which tells me that it is reading the file but that it is the wrong one for my VIN! Not sure what else to try. I work in IT so I'm not intimidated by this, from a technical stand point. If I could hear form someone at BMNavigation it might be something on their side of things. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Registered
NavWizard......at the recommendation of several people on here, I went to BMNavigation and entered in the VIN for my 2019 JCW F54 and was processed through the purchase process for the LifeTime map option but when I received the download file, I followed instructions to format a USB drive to exFAT format and copied the files to the USB drive. When I tried to update it through my USB port in the car, I received an error message stating that "Software on USB device not suitable for this vehicle." SO I reached out to BMNavigation through their online Help Desk. Nothing from them. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't gotten a confirmation from them. On this web site, NO phone number. NO physical address. NO other email address (such as Sales or any other department) They state that they can't give refunds because the once the FSC is assigned, they can't undo it. So now I feel like I got screwed. I'd be ok if I could get the damn thing to work but with no help and no contact back, I'm not recommending this site to any else. Too bad. It seemed like a great deal! Buyer beware!
I haven鈥檛 dealt with these guys but their site states:

WHAT IF THE UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK?
Buy with full confidence, as all map upgrades come with a 100% replacement guarantee. If for any reason the FSC Code does not work as intended, we shall replace the update free of charge. Additionally we offer 鈥榥ext business day鈥 online free technical support to assist you with the installation.
It also says they have a support ticket system you can access through your account.

As frustrating as it is, just keep trying. Fingers crossed you get somewhere with them.

On a separate note......is it possible use the FSC code they鈥檝e provided with a map update downloaded from another source?

Registered
Ventmore - I have entered a ticket with their system and updated it twice with additional information and inquiries. Nothing. It's like they went out of business and the only reason I got the FSC code in the first place is that it is part of an automated process! As for the FSC code, I'm not sure about using it with some other software. I'd be willing to do that but I'm not sure where to start. I'll see if I can! Thanks.

Registered
Hmmmm, I guess I didn't hit any problems that I have to contact them about.

What maps did you get sent?

What's curious is that error message sounds like the map flavour is wrong, rather than something with the USB stick or FSC code.

Dan

Registered
NavWizard, I was sent the WAY map. I tried several different USB drives. Same result. I agree that I think I was sent the wrong map file too. I hope to hear back from them but this is week 4 and still nothing from them. Frustrating.

Registered
Which version do you need?

Hopefully someone on here will know where you can source the correct map then you should be all set.

Registered
Ventmore - I am currently on 'North America Way 2018-2' and from what I read on BMNav's web site, the latest for me is '2020-2 Way' The confirmation email I got showed i got the 2020-2 Way version so I'm not sure what's going on. I've downloaded it several times to different computers. (It's a 5+GB compressed file). When I decompress it, it seems to form all the correct folders and files that are listed in the instruction document. Thanks for the help

Registered
It doesn't start automatically. Actually, the instructions are sort of vague when it talks about beginning the update. There are actually no instructions on how to begin the update. The Macintosh
version of instructions gives more detail. See second graphic below. The first one is for Windows, i presume.

Macintosh Instructions -

Registered
The update should start automatically when you plug in the USB.

Which screen are you starting the update from?

Registered
I start the ignition but don't start the car. Once the CID loads up, I load the USB drive into the only one I have in the car, next to cigarette lighter. I don't see anything in the Navigation section of CID...checked every option. No option to update. I've tried it with engine running, just in Accessory mode....nothing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts