Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I ordered a Mishimoto filter and Racechip Ultimate for my F56 JCW and went to fit them today.

The Mishimoto was easier than I expected and looks and sounds great !

However the Racechip Ultimate is proving "tricky".

Firstly the manual delivered shows two connectors - whereas the wiring harness and photo's emailed on purchase from Racechip show 3 connectors.

The wiring harness connectors are labeled A, B & C.
The photo's emailed fomr Racechip are not labeled - so the stupid question is - which connector goes where ??

I assume that the first connector shown in the photo's from Racechip is connector A, the second photo (airflow sensor) is connector B and the third photo (turbo pressure sensor ??) connector C

Can someone confirm ??

Cheers
FC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

I personally have a jb4 installed, but from experience I isn't think you can go wrong with the connections as each connector has a different number of pins. For example the map sensor has 3 pins, the tmap sensor below the air duct has 4 pins.
You can also check on the remus powerizer as I've read on some forums it's a rebranded Racechip , it also has three connections, maybe their website is clearer on the installation.
There is video on YouTube , but it only shows the first two connections, you can figure the third by elimination.
Hope this helps ! Let us know how it goes ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I personally have a jb4 installed, but from experience I isn't think you can go wrong with the connections as each connector has a different number of pins. For example the map sensor has 3 pins, the tmap sensor below the air duct has 4 pins.
You can also check on the remus powerizer as I've read on some forums it's a rebranded Racechip , it also has three connections, maybe their website is clearer on the installation.
There is video on YouTube , but it only shows the first two connections, you can figure the third by elimination.
Hope this helps ! Let us know how it goes ..

Cheers - I'll take a look at that. Your right that one of the connectors has 3 pins but the other two have 4 pins.

I've emailed Racechip too - but disappointing as I wanted to get it installed this weekend, but lets see.

Thanks again
FC

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in dilemma to choose Racechip or another tune upgrade and I find that Racechip are not that good with their communication and customer support. I mailed them 2 weeks ago with a set of questions. No answer yet. I send the same mail to NM Eng. I got their full answer in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm in dilemma to choose Racechip or another tune upgrade and I find that Racechip are not that good with their communication and customer support. I mailed them 2 weeks ago with a set of questions. No answer yet. I send the same mail to NM Eng. I got their full answer in 2 days.
The NM support is good and their chip will give you between 20-30 net horsepower gain, and the chip is very easy to install and uninstall. I have had one for 1 1/2 years and it has been flawless.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the same and had a similar response time to email from both NM and RaceChip.

I choose RaceChip as we cannot get (easily) higher octane fuel in the Netherlands and don't want to be playing with fuel additives and had also heard good things from the BMW & Porsche communities in Europe about the RaceChip product.

I have emailed them for some support so lets see - but it is certainly not straight forward to install in my eyes !

·
Registered
170 Posts
I run the TMC Motorsport tuning box on my JCW ,278 bhp on mid setting .When i had a slight problem with it Darren was very very helpfull and even said that they would send a man over to sort it out.(did not need to in the end).Darren and TMC are great people to deal with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

Go with the jb4 from Burger Motorsports, Terry is super responsive and usually replies to queries within 24 hrs.
I've personally installed a jb4 on my f56 and couldn't be happier. If you have any questions, shoot away! Cheers!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,

Go with the jb4 from Burger Motorsports, Terry is super responsive and usually replies to queries within 24 hrs.
I've personally installed a jb4 on my f56 and couldn't be happier. If you have any questions, shoot away! Cheers!

Hi, thanks I will review this option also. I assume that you are talking for stage 1. Is it a Cooper S or JCW you have?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi, thanks I will review this option also. I assume that you are talking for stage 1. Is it a Cooper S or JCW you have?
Hi,
I have the JB4 installed, not the initially launched stage 1 which you could upgrade to the JB4 by changing the boards and posi tapping the can bus connection.
I think the stage 1 is still available , but I would recommend getting the JB4, it's completely plug and play, two connections, one to the map sensor and other to the tmap sensor respectively, and a third to the can bus (DME) of the vehicle through the OBD II port.
It allows for changing maps on the fly, boost gauge on the fuel indicator, check delete codes, data logging, gear boost limiter etc.
I've installed it on my cooper s, usually on map 1 , but switch to map 2 on the weekends, for some serious fun!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run the TMC Motorsport tuning box on my JCW ,278 bhp on mid setting .When i had a slight problem with it Darren was very very helpfull and even said that they would send a man over to sort it out.(did not need to in the end).Darren and TMC are great people to deal with.
I am considering buying the tmc motorsport module and would be interested to hear your thoughts? Also you mentioned slight problem? Please elaborate? Feel free to pm me if you prefer

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts