Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt it's just me missing something ...but the display details in the steering wheel instrument binnacle have changed colour to red from white??

So I no have red/pink numbers with the standard orange back light...:(:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry if it's obvious but I only got the car two days ago...still ploughing through the manual....

Thank you!

·
Registered
95 Posts
No doubt it's just me missing something ...but the display details in the steering wheel instrument binnacle have changed colour to red from white??

So I no have red/pink numbers with the standard orange back light...:(:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry if it's obvious but I only got the car two days ago...still ploughing through the manual....

Thank you!
The colour on the instruments panels change from red to white when the lights turn on, at least in my car, check your lights toggle that might be the reason.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The colour on the instruments panels change from red to white when the lights turn on, at least in my car, check your lights toggle that might be the reason.
Ok now I feel a stupid, didn't notice that last night but I was in Sport mode with my mind on other things....
Thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does t happen automatically the lights come on, theres an ambient lght sensor in the cabin and when its dark enough the interior switches into night mode with orange instrument lights and dimmer central display
Thanks HAT. I had been playing with the disco lighting colours and thought i'd changed the dashboard too..

·
Registered
8 Posts
HEy HEy
Since one Week i am a proud owner of a mini jcw. i was checking some videos on youtube to make sure which tuning exhaust i shout install.
Well, while looking those videos i saw something that made me curious...... some of the minis i ve seen have white letters and numbers on the speedometer / tachometer. i have red the posts here.... and come up with a big question. during the day, my spedometer / tachometer has no light at all..... numbers and letters are orange.... in the night, the backlight is on and everything is again orange..... how can i change this? or well why do other people have a white one? maybe there is a mistake in my settings?

thanks for help =)

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
You need to let us know what you are driving and take some photos day and night really so we can tell; in the day the lighting of the dash varies according to the light-darker outside dims some of the displays, at night the lighting turns orange and sat nav goes darker too!

·
Registered
49 Posts
With the digital speedo displayed...

With my lights switched off the digital speedo and rest of the speedo display is white, day or night.

With my lights switched on...when it's dark the digital speedo is orange, along with the rest of the speedo. If bright then the digital speedo turns white (rest stays orange).

Easy to see the effect of this at night... Turn the lights on and shine a light directly at the speedo display for a few seconds to trigger the sensor. Remove the light and the sensor reverts the display.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.